Ratings for Dr. James P Murphy

Don't go here unless u have he's to sit in the waiting room, very slow and always behind

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr. Murphy is an excellent doctor but I am mostly glad to see all the staff complaints on here Since I thought I might be the only one with issues with them. For such a highly respected doctor, I can't believe he keeps some of his staff. Unfortunate but glad to see I'm not the only one who has experienced their unpleasantness. I hope he figures it out and gets rid of those who are ruining his practice.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

If it were not for Doctor Murphy and his caring staff, I would not be able to carry on life. I have chronic pain from multiple back surgeries. Doctor Murphy has tried multiple other therapies in an effort to alleviate my pain. He only prescribes pain meditation when necessary.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr. James P Murphy Moved new office on May 19th 2016 1. See Dr. Murphy once every 2 months and Faye for 2 months at the old office my doctor was MICHAEL AINES, APRN Nurse Practitioner. 2. MICHAEL AINES, APRN was sick once and Dr. Murphy had to come in. But did not use Faye as a Nurse Practitioner. 3. Faye filled out all my prescriptions and used Karen Doggett prescription pad. If Karen was there why didn’t I see her? 4. If Faye is an APRN Nurse Practitioner, why doesn’t she have her own prescription pad? 5. My Pharmacist had to call Murphy’s office to see who sign the prescriptions. 6. Faye Gash is not an APRN or any type of registered Nurse in Kentucky or Indiana, I have searched all over. 720 Rolling Creek Drive Suite 101 New Albany, Indiana 47150 PHONE: 502-736-3636 FAX: 877-497-8259 Please if you have been Seeing Faye Gash and she has treated you, as any type of registered Nurse, Email me at: chass6161@gmail.com My name is Chas Smith and I have filed complaints with the Office of the Indiana Attorney General Please send me your problems with Faye Gash so I may pass this on also. Please describe in detail, so that I can have Faye Gash put in jail for the criminal acts she is doing. She is not any type of registered Nurse, and has given me shots and writing out my prescriptions, that almost landed me in Jail. Thank You

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Michael Aimes has moved to a different pain management office-pain management institute. I will be going there, because he was the only bright spot in this practice. Everything people have said about how bad the office staff is, is true. Especially that Faye... Know it all, likes and is incompetent. Save yourself some frustration and look somewhere else for help.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

I have seen Dr Murphy for many years. I have seen him since he first started practicing. He doesn't seem to care anymore. He allows his staff to talk and treat his patients like garbage. I voiced my concerns and he just laughed it off. His staff is incompetent and rude. You can never get anyone to answer the phone. You leave several messages and never get a call back. When this is brought to the staff and office supervisor they always have an excuse. It seems he can't keep employees. I would assume because of the office manager Faye. She is unbearable. She yells at patients and hangs up on you if you question her or don't understand what she is saying. The other day she announced to the whole office she drank to much this weekend. Really? Nobody cares. This is not the first time I have heard her talk about her drinking. I have no idea what Dr. Murphy would want her to be the face of his company. I have caught her and other staff in multiple lies. I was made to stand outside in the heat because his new office is so small that the waiting room is like a closet. There was no where to sit so I was standing right out of the waiting room door. She yelled at me and told me that I had to sit in the room or stand outside. There was no choice but for me to stand outside which is absolutely ridiculous. Then she brought me in to check me in and yelled at me and threatened to discharge me from the practice. While I was being seen my mom and children walked in. She started yelling at them immediately. My mom was not aware of their rule no children are allowed in the building. Instead of Faye telling my mom nicely she yelled at her and my kids. Then she continued chasing them out in the parking lot yelling at them. She then yelled at my mom telling her she was not going to put up with this anymore and told my mom she was going to discharge me from the practice. She scared my children. This was uncalled for. This was the last draw for me. I would not recommend anyone to this practice. I wish Dr. Murphy acted like he cared. He has changed so much over the years and not for the better. His practice is falling apart. The only good thing I can say is Karen his NP is great but she gets overshadowed by all the bad stuff in this office.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

he once cared about me as a patient, now he can't take 15 minutes once a year to override a medication that helped my pain and the sad part is I,ve been a patient for 15 years, now murphy pain center is a joke

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I am only rating Dr. Murphy and Michael. They are wonderful. I trust them completely. I have never had doctors who cared so much about helping me. The office staff is incompetent. Dr. Murphy is so nice he probably doesn't have the heart to fire them. I hope they read this and straitened up. I just told them off yesterday. The next time they mess up I'm going to sent them to this site so they can see how much damage they are doing to Dr. Murphy and Michael.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2015

Great place. Also always looking for and researching what is the best way to control this pain. And always a smile on everybodies face no matter how thier family life is going. Thanks guys for being there for me.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Dr. Murphy does awesome work, if you can see him. Two times I arrived for my appointment and was left waiting for over an hour. I told them I had to get back to work and they said he wasn't even on his way to the office yet. My appointment was scheduled. Another time I arrived and they told me they called me about changing my appt. I checked my messages at home and they called 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appt. They are rude. They also lie. A physician sent records to them and they denied having them (this may have been true) so the records were sent again and they acknowledged that they received them, never called us for an appointment. After 2 weeks my husband finally called and they said they just received his records today. Caught you in a lie! So sad because Dr. Murphy does great work. If you have too many patients waiting then send them somewhere else and provide quality service to the ones you can accommodate. While we wait to get in we are looking for other options.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. James P Murphy's Credentials

• Univ Of Louisville Sch Of Med, Louisville Ky 40202 (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal