Ratings for Dr. Patricia A. Moulton

We have used Dr. Moulton on and off over the years for short-term therapies where needed. She has been great with everyone in the family and especially good for me as a parent and helping to guide my children (who are now tweens and teens) and help me to see the forest through the trees. She is fairly no-nonsense and seems to take a genuine interest in us as people and as patients. My only complaint is her office waiting room. I can't tell you how many times I have run into people that I know in that waiting room as there is only one ingress/egress route through the building and her office waiting room. There's nothing worse than running into someone you know in a therapy office. Not that there's anything wrong with receiving family therapy, but it's really no one else's business so why would you want people in your community to know your business? The only way this could be prevented given the layout of her office, is that she gave a bigger space between appointments. I also was surprised that she has never gone over the rules of patient/Dr. confidentiality with me or the children. She hasn't been particularly good at keeping confidences of the children and I know that she is supposed to – she often shares with me the things that they tell her even though she's technically not supposed to. I'm not complaining since I'm paying for the therapy and actually it's why I like her so much. But something to think about. She does take our insurance which is a PPL so we have never paid very much per hour for her services and we pay a lot more for the therapies to receive from out of network providers. Probably three times as much! I would definitely recommend her. She's a very smart woman, she listens and she will give you good advice.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014