Ratings for Dr. Stanley P. Ballou

I went to see Dr. Ballou because it listed him as a Mixed Connective Tissue Dr. My anti-RNP antibody is very high. My symptoms have gotten worse over the last 1.5 years, so I wanted to find out if there were any tests that could be done to see if I was developing MCTD. The minute he walked into the room he had this scowl on his face like I was wasting his time. He was extremely grumpy. He took down some notes on a scrap piece of paper. He said there was nothing wrong with me and that I shouldn't come back. He didn't even prescribe any tests. I can't believe they still employ this callous, unprofessional doctor. He seems like he's biding his time until retirement, like he hates what he's doing. I feel bad for his fellows. Doctors are supposed to help you find out what's wrong and at least seem caring. He could care less about my wellbeing. I should have checked ratemds first before making the appointment. Shame on me. I won't make that same mistake twice.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Ballou has been the best doctor treating my condition. He is very smart and cares about his patients. I am keeping him as my doctor for his knowledge and caring!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

My doctor referred me to a rheumatologist to be checked out for sero-negative rheumatoid arthritis. (I chose Dr. Ballou because he is the head of the department and is on a on a local arthritis board.) But he ignored my symptoms which have been getting worse (trouble walking, leg function loss, feeling ill all the time.) He said he was sorry to hear of my disability. He did "not" offer to test me for sero-negative arthtiris. He did NO tests at all. What kind of doctor is this? He was very rude, abrupt, and uncaring. His manner was SO intimindating that I will not return.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2008

Seeing this doctor was one of the most humiliating and disheartening experiences of my LIFE. I went to see him for painful Fibromyalgia. Muscles ache so badly that I sometimes wish death would end the misery. He came into the room seeming angry and annoyed. He told me to take my pants off. I had no privacy to do this. He told me to walk around in front of him in my panties to "see how I walk". When he was finished watching me walk all around the examining room in my panties he shook his head like he was disgusted and I was taking up his valuable time. He snapped, "There's nothing wrong with you." I told him I was in a great deal of pain all the time and asked if he would give me something for my pain. His face got even angrier. "Get some exercise!; go to the YMCA if that's all you can afford. And, NO, I'm not giving you anything." He left and slammed the door. Acted as though he was nothing but contemptuous of me. I was humiliated and depressed. I cried all the way home.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007

He was rude. I was fully dressed during exam. He did not follow up on my referral. He ignored my symptoms which are worsening. I am becoming disabled in my legs, and have stiffness moving up my spine into my neck. And he closed the case after one visit!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2006

Dr. Stanley P. Ballou's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)