Ratings for Dr. David Weinstock

Your children will be damaged for life. He may have a license but David Weinstock is not a Psychologist, he is a lawyer. But he is not licensed to be a lawyer. Ask him why he pretends to also be a lawyer but he is not allowed to practice law in Arizona. He will say he voluntarily threw away his JD degree and gave up the practice of law in New York so he could he could come to AZ and be a Psychologist working for the Courts. Too bad his disciplinary records in NY are sealed. Ask him to show you his disciplinary records from NY. David Weinstock’s M/O is to favor the abusive parent so that the protective parent will willingly hand over their life savings in a vain attempt to protect their children. By the time you realize that handing over money only makes things worse, your kids are irreparably harmed and your money is gone. One family paid this guy over $80K and their child that committed suicide. My child has dropped out of school, is talking about suicide, is in therapy, but is still alive so far. Only a lawyer would exploit your children to steal your money. An ethical Psychologist would be aware of the DSM-V Page 659 disorder of “ASPD - Psychopathy”, harming others while having no empathy for his victims. I hope Rate MDs does not again remove my complaint, regardless of threats of legal action from attorney David Weinstock.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

dr. Weinstock says that he’s there to help families but breaks them apart... how does the columns of a doctor putting for sake stations into court documents for the court to only approve his request about one side of the party other than another side of the party... due to his so-called professional insight I have not got to see my kids for four years due to his lack of knowledge for family togetherness... he has done nothing but been biased towards me as a father towards my kids who I have taking care of since they were born now I don’t get to see them... as well as him taking a lot of money for minimal work ... I guess that’s how the state works on hiring high budget, low educated, no Good welding kind of guy to break up families without batting an eye then when confronted he runs to the judge to get his money.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

David Weinstock needs to retire. I can only urge any parent assigned this custody evaluator to immediately request another professional, especially if there is speculated or confirmed abuse going on. There was confirmed documented reports of my son's physical abuse while in the care of his mother and step-father. Weinstock completely disregarded CPS reports and even police reports. Weinstock stated that he felt the abuse wasn't an on-going issue but rather an isolated handful of incidences. Needless to say he told the court my son was safe with his mother and step-father. Shortly after that my son disclosed that he was being molested by his step-father. So David Weinstock's life and practice continues on, unchanged ,lining his greedy pockets with money, exhilarated at the sound of his own egotistical voice as he continues to make court recommendations despite the fact that he is inept. I don't know how many lives he is going to destroy before he loses his license to practice. My life...and my son's life....are forever changed.and it's a daily struggle.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Foisted on my malignant abusive ex and I by the court and I ended up with a narcissist at the helm. He actually threatened to “flip the schedules” and which would give my abusive ex sole custody and decision making (he who has a history of physical and emotional abuse against children by other accounts) if I didn’t agree to a change in the parenting plan demanded by my ex. He believes he is brilliant but he cannot spot a manipulative covert narcistic a mile away. He has the classic traits very fragile ego which can be bruised by a look or simply politely disagreeing about the facts at hand. 30k later and my child is a nervous wreck at 5 reporting emotional abuse and neglect and my hands are tied by DW. Defeated does not begin to describe how I feel and my child will pay the price for the next 13 years thanks to this unprofessional racketeer!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

This guy is so biased that I think he's corrupt. My abusive ex's red flags were ignored while my yellow flags were blown out of proportion. I don't drink, don't do drugs nor sleep around. They had nothing to smear my character with except telling the truth ("oversharing") and being "too strict" He said giving chores to sassy teenagers is punitive and psychologically damaging and recommended I only "catch them being good" (which I am actually REALLY GOOD AT!) I pointed out that my ex was poisoning the kids against me and he called me a blamer. My ex lied about yelling at me in front of a bunch of people (against court orders) and DW didn't even call the witnesses I listed. My friends who were interviewed said that he was just wanted to know if I yelled at my kids- didn't ask about love, apologies, making up... He recommended my 4 kids be taken away even though I'm a devoted mother with a degree in early childhood education and I work with kids! I am praying he gets caught soon before he destroys more children's lives.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2018

I totally agree with all of the low ratings for Dr Weinstock and agree that he does not have the child's best interest. Dr Weinstock does not listen to what you are telling him about the other parent, he will tell you to move on to the future and not to think about the past, even though the the ex-spouse was abusive to the other parent and would kick the child and was never around to raise that child from birth and on and then all of a sudden, from having supervised visitations wants overnight visitations from a parent who was convicted of spousal abuse and got off after only two years for good behavior. Really you think these kind of people can change their ways. It's called having someone paid off to get them off Scott free. Dr Weinstock is easily fooled by people who have lied their whole life. You can tell right away when a child does not like someone and when I child has been brainwashed by the abusive parent with gifts and toys to get the child on their side. Children are smarter than adults when it comes to knowing who they like. It's a shame Dr Weinstock would take the side of an abusive spouse. If the court request Dr Weinstock, please ask for a different PC. Another person commented that Dr Weinstock must be the DEVIL, well I agree, because only the Devil would allow a child to be alone with an abusive ex-spouse. Dr Weinstock will not take you seriously even when you tell him you are fearful for your child's life and your own. Wake up Dr Weinstock, everyone is not as nice as they seem.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

This guy is scum. His day is coming...you watch. He has ruined a lot of lives by running a sick, twisted business that defrauds A system that is suppose to help people. Instead, he chooses to hurt people. stay far away from him. He is the DEVIL!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

This person gets negative rating because he is unprofessional and has belied of being a GOD. Disgusting inappropriate narcissistic human being that is violating laws with self referral, and likely he gives kickbacks as he is only in it for money and not for children's well being, so sad, sad human. He is working in concert with others to be bias and makes recommendations based on amount of money that he can get from good people. The lowest of low humans. DO NOT PICK THIS GUY.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Weinstock has a God complex. He will take sides, delay the process, ignore evidence, run up the billable hours & then stop the evaluation & demand a higher retainer. Especially when one side is ordered to pay 100% of his fees. He starts the process by informing both parties how to keep the cost down, but problem is that just provides a road map for the side paying nothing to run up the costs, which Weinstock enables because he profits from it. He doesn't follow court orders & if you challenge him he runs up the bill and trashes you in his evaluation. Weinstock's process is all about Weinstock's ego & bank account, not the best interests of the children whose lives he is ruining. His office is staffed by Madters & PhD interns who are awful @ office administration so scheduling is a nightmare & the office staff is constantly changing. Great for keeping Weinstock's costs down & profits up, bad for any child whose future is in his hands. Stay away. Stay far away. Never give this man one cent if your money. If a judge assigns him to your case object. If your lawyer says he has an excellent reputation as why his reviews are so awful. Looks great on paper with Law degree & Psych PhD. Terrible human.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

Dr. Weinstock was a no B.S. kind of psychologist. I appreciated the way he was able to sort out our very challenging divorce, offer concrete suggestions to both of us, and suggest counseling for our son who was really the biggest victim of our crazy tough divorce. He help us both see what we were doing to our son. Thanks.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Dr. David Weinstock's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Weinstock received his Ph.D. from the University of Arizona and his J.D. from the Boston University School of Law. He is a licensed psychologist in Arizona and a licensed and retired attorney in New York and Massachusetts. His focus is in family law, specifically comprehensive family evaluations, Parenting Coordinator cases, and family and individual counseling. He has conducted family law evaluations for almost two decades, both privately and at the Pima County Conciliation Court. He has also provided treatment to adolescents with behavioral issues at the Arizona’s Children Association. In addition, Dr. Weinstock has experience working within the criminal justice system, which includes training at the Arizona State Hospital, conducting competency evaluations and risk assessments. Dr. Weinstock also has experience with sexual offender and sex addiction evaluations and treatment. He is a member of the Maricopa County Superior Court’s Behavioral Health Committee, a board member of Arizona’s Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), a former member of Arizona’s Domestic Relations Committee and a former co-chair of the Arizona Psychological Association’s forensic committee.

• University of Arizona