Ratings for Dr. Jay Schmulowitz

Dr. Jay helped my son and me for over 20 years. When I moved to Chicago and miss him greatly. Dr. Jay went above and beyond to empower me with my chronic bipolar illness, when I was suicidal and needed hospitalization, and supported me with my successful associate degree completion. He helped my son through his learning difficulties, appeared before the child/study team on his behalf, and actually attended his hs graduation. His staff helped to receive food on Thanksgiving. My advice is to be patient; I know he has a very heavy caseload and if one is lucky enough to see him, they will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

i had a really hard time finding someone who worked with children. Finally after a long trail, dr j was recommended and while all insurance related issues are annoying, he helped my child deal with anxiety and make a difference. scheduling appointments wasn't always convenient, but it was worthwhile for the outcome.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

I have been going to this psychologist for about three months. He is accomodating with appointments, is professional and helping me achieve my goal.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

Contacted office for an appointment. Got a call the next day from office manger. All she asked was if I had insurance and with what company. I gave her the name and she said she would call back. Shortly thereafter, I received another call from the office manager. She said it would be at least 4 months to get an appointment. Must be a great doctor? I guess my insurance company (one of the largest) wasn't good enough.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

tried calling to make an appointment based on referral from my company. VERY rude person whom answered phone turned out to be "sandy THE office manager" "whom does this all the time" (her quote not mine) over- & out-talked me just to confirm referral/insurance. thanks for making my situation more complicated.will not use dr even IF they call me back for appointment

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

This man is not reasonable, professional or courteous. I called him several times to make an appointment and it took forever for someone to call me back. He flat out refused to see me after finally speaking to someone that works on his staff. When I asked for a more detailed explanation as to why I can not make my first appointment they never got back to me. He would not accept my medical file from a previous doctor for review.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011