Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Reed

Dr. Reed is the most condescending, rude, arrogant, nonhelpful doctor I have ever met. He does not let you finish a statement, and basically acts like you should know the diagnosis before you come see him. He prescribes random medication and when asked what it's for he becomes agitated. Be prepared to leave feeling humiliated.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

This is the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor! I went to the Urgent care for a potentially serious condition. He was rude, almost combative at times, he did not listen, nor was he thorough in his fact-finding. He completely missed what my real condition was-which was serious-and he was extremely arrogant. I won't go back to Doctor's Express Urgent Care ever again due to him.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I found Dr. Reed to be extremely rude and arrogant. I felt he was challenging everything I told him. He made me feel like he thought I was lying about my symptoms. I went for sinusitis and shortness of breath the last time and he didn't even listen to my lungs. He's never nice or remotely friendly. No people skills or bedside manner. I asked one of his own staff members if maybe I'd made him mad and she said he's always like that!!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I visited Dr. Reed twice for chest pain, and his diagnosis was not correlated to the symptoms I was experiencing. (That's right, Doc, it wasn't reflux, it was a bad reaction to ibuprofen, which I had been taking for frequent headaches around that time! Maybe if you'd listened better?) I'm done -- time to find another doctor who is able to LISTEN TO WHAT I AM SAYING and not treat me like a hysterical fool that is wasting his time. Terrible bedside manner, to the point where it is actively interfering with his ability to diagnose problems! [I do have to say that I liked the lab nurse who took my blood sample each time; she was kind, cheerful, reassuring, and professional.]

flag | Submitted August 13, 2010

Very thorough Doctor, who cares about right diagnosis and trying to save the patient money. Knowlegable, honest, patient in taking the time to listen to your complaints and asking questions of your health and family history.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. was rude, spent very little time with me, didn't answer my questions, and even after I paid on the spot, has billed me two more times for even more money for the same appt. And I have insurance! And I tried 5 times to get my test results but his nurse never called back.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2008

Reed is another example of why USC's med school stinks. I saw him three times before I wrote him off as a loss; each time he had a new freebie medicine sample to hand out from some pharma sales rep. If you want to see a doctor who does medicine instead of just tossing out pills at random, go somewhere else. This guy is a bitter arrogant loser.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2008

I had the displeasure of taking my son to this hack a few years ago. He gave my son a lecture about properly clipping his toenails and trimmed back what was an infected ingrown nail- leaving it untact. Since then my son has has several procedures on both his big toes to fix what is an heridtary condition. When I remarked that his father had had the same problem, Dr. Reed commented that they both must not trim their nails properly. What an *ss! Dr, Methuselah, a Wonderful podiatrist!, assured us it's heriditary and nothing can be done, but remove the misgrown sides. Reed is the kind that makes you never want to see a doctor again.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2006

I suffered under the neglect of this doctor for years as he insisted my symptoms were psychosomatic. I may now have permanent nerve damage and loss of use of my left arm and hand as a result. He was always very arrogant and short with me and acted as if it were an extreme bother to him just to see me. His only objective was to throw another Rx at a problem he didn't believe existed in the first place so he could get me out of his office. I finally woke up one day in such excruciating pain that I went to a Dr.s Care center and was taken care of in a most professional and courteous manner. X-rays, MRI's, other diagnostics that I'd BEGGED Dr. Reed to do for a year were finally done and I will have back surgery soon to hopefully correct the damage. Be aware that this incident was only one health issue he let slide, I have a long road to recovery now because of his arrogance and neglect. Caution! Caution! Caution! MAKE HIM LISTEN TO YOU, OR FIND SOMEONE ELSE FAST BEFORE IT"S TOO LATE!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2006

Dr. Michael E. Reed's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)