Ratings for Dr. David S. Shapiro

Every service provider should be this warm, professional and transparent. I was scheduled for several more appointments, but since the treatment was going so well, Dr. Shapiro determined that no more sessions were needed,. My problem was completely solved, and almost four years later, we still keep in touch, and I'm delighted whenever I can send a referral. He has my respect and trust and confidence.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

I found Dr. Shapiro to be extremely competent, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and ethical. He helped me overcome my fear of flying in three visits. Previously I had not flown for 16 years, but after my sessions, I was able to go to Hawaii with family for a week, with absolutely no anxiety. He originally estimated treatment at four visits, but after three sessions he suggested that the fourth visit was not necessary. He was right. I was amazed that I was able to fly without any discomfort whatsoever.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

This is what a Psychologist should be like. He is smart, calm, and knew just how to help me overcome my panic attacks......and I don't need to be on medicines anymore! He wasn't on my insurance, but it was totally worth it to pay to see him myself. Like the other review, I only had to go about 10 times. Now, I am thinking about going back to deal with some relationship issues. No way I would have gotten this kind of help at Kaiser!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012

Very good Psychologist. Smart, caring, ethical....helped me and my husband very much. We had been to a couple of others, but none were as professional and competent as is Dr. Shapiro. We only went a total of 12 times, and are doing so much better. For sure, we would use him again if/when necessary.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2012