Ratings for Dr. Vanessa Gourdine

I was under the care of Dr. Vanessa Gourdine for one year. When I first met Dr. Gourdine I had attempted to commit suicide. I was extremely depressed. I was unable to work. Every day was unbearable. Dr. Gourdine recognized immediately that the sleep aid that I was taking had caused a chemical imbalance which deepened my depression and led me to consider suicide. With medication and monthly visits I was slowly able to regain control of my life. I returned to work within the month. Slowly my interests and enjoyment came back. I am happy to report that I am no longer depressed, and I no longer need medication. Dr. Gourdine saved my life.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

My parents brought me to see Dr. Gourdine as a child when I was suffering from separation anxiety. I was unable to do anything that would separate me from my parents without experiencing extreme anxiety. After seeing her for some time, I was able to do things on my own. I took some time off from seeing Dr. Gourdine and eventually realized I was still experiencing some anxiety, so I decided to contact her again. She continued to work with me through my anxiety as I was growing up and helped me face things I never thought I would be able to face. Throughout my time in college, Dr. Gourdine helped me build up my confidence and helped me see that I had accomplished so much already. I am now attending graduate school where I am studying clinical psychology, an interest that was sparked by my time with Dr. Gourdine. I am now able to get through my day without feeling anxious and it is a great feeling. Without the great impact she had on my life, I would not be where I am today.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr.Gourdine is very highly skilled in her approaches and very knowledgeable about all types of interventions. She is kind, caring and has a great sense of humor. She knows a phenomenal amount of information about health issues. I had several forms of treatment in the past that were only somewhat helpful. she was able to treat my depression as well as improve my overall health as I was having many health complaints that got resolved with lifestyle and nutritional recommendations. She prescribed medication for a short period of time that resolved the depression and anxiety. the only drawback is that she is in high demand and when you want to reschedule a missed appointment her availability is very limited. I highly recommend her and can't say enough good things about her. she also gave great direction over some problems I was having with work and career. she is very warm and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013