Ratings for Dr. Victoria A. Curran

I recently began working with Dr. Curran and have nothing but wonderful things to say about her *and* her awesome dog Brea. Victoria is extremely empathetic, kind, patient, insightful, and, most of all, warm. I emphatically agree with the review immediately below mine in all regards. I personally look forward to Brea greeting me with a tail wag and a playful lick. She is also an excellent stress reliever during more in-depth sessions. To be clear, the stress has *never* been caused by Victoria; she has been instrumental in guiding me through tumultuous times. I truly hope the person who wrote the completely false review locates a therapist who can help them find the same peace of mind that Victoria has afforded me.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

I've been working with Dr. Curran for 4 years. She is brilliant, kind, understanding, empathetic, and professional. She has a tremendous depth, that few possess, and she has vast experience working with children and adults, at various stages of their development. The comments below equating the fact that she has a dog to a lack of professionalism are ridiculous. If you are scared of dogs, you can see her at her office downtown, or just let her know you'd prefer to see her without her dog. I promise she will accommodate without hesitation.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

The best psychologist I've ever had! Kind, gentle and brilliant! Nonjudgmental and very responsive. Even works with a therapy dog. Wouldn't think of anyone else!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I believe that no therapist is better than a bad therapist. Avoid Victoria Curran Brookfield IL. Judgemental, unprofessional. She would interrupt our sessions to let her dog out, then back in and then out again. She told me I was one of her favorite clients and was disappointed about a decision I made. One time I waited over a week for a return call. Two particular situations I m sure the State Department of Professional Regulations would have taken very seriously. I decided to pass on reporting Dr. Vickie Curran. I wonder what she thinks about when she lays her down at night.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Very unprofessional, had a dog in the session, very judgmental, of all my years of therapy this was by far the worst experience I have ever had with a psychologist.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011