Ratings for Dr. Maria V. RUIZ

Saw her at the ER, waited for 40 minutes, she spent about 5 minutes with me, did not perform a diagnosis with tests, instead told me it was a "rash" and it would be fine. No treatment was offered other than a lame generic "rash" fact sheet given to me. I went to another doctor and they diagnosed the problem and he gave a prescription for the problem which is helping to heal the area. My mistake was going to the emergency room for treatment I realize now, as I was getting scared. Never again as Merriter also tacked on their hospital bill, I ended up with a $600 bill for waiting 40 minutes and seen for 5 minutes and not treated. OUTRAGEOUS!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

My child was referred to the ER directly from her pediatricians office for IV rehydration in an attempt to prevent overnight hospitalization. The doctor did not perform an assessment. Specifically, she did not look at capillary refill, skin turgor, mucous membranes or collect much of a history. Further there was not an abdominal assessment performed. Instead she said that she was sorry but she has seen a lot of this and that my daughter should just go home and do fine. A reference was then made to children in Africa who tended to recover just fine in much worse situations. Working in healthcare myself, I am aware of what legal standards of care are for emergency service departments and she did not comply.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012