Ratings for Dr. Mitul R. Patel

Very caring group. Been a patient of Dr Patel for 5 plus years and before that never found a dentist I trusted. Love them. Thanks for taking care of me and my family

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

I have never had any dentist in the past as caring as Dr Patel, trust him wholeheartedly. Have now had extensive treatment from Dr Patel and mouth feels better than ever. Entire staff is great. Do yourself a favor and go see him to have a great experience.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Highly, highly recommend Dr Patel. I was referred to him by my neighbor and thank God I went. He is a great doctor who helped me keep my teeth when another dentist wanted to yank them out and not even explaining why. Thank you for helping me. Great clinic to visit

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Mitul Patel actively advertises through home mailers his introductory "$99 exam, X-Ray, & cleaning" program. His home flyer advertising program is very persistent and ongoing. We have been getting them for what seems like months. One would think he would have all the business he could handle using this $99 introductory program. It sounds great on paper. Unfortunately, I know why he advertises so much. It is to keep a steady stream of prospects coming into his office. He and his office manager (which they don't disclose as his wife) actively screen their prospects to find out if you have any negative propensities towards dentists. They have a paranoid streak about them regarding this. Patel is upbeat and cheerful at first meeting and does his best to put you in a similar state. However, if you don't respond in kind, he becomes suspicious and insulted by it. In my case, I told him that a couple of dental hygienists over the years had told me some inside trade secrets that some hygienists are pressured to upsell additional product and services for commissions as well as some practices shutting down necessitating me to find a new dentist. Upselling is part of most businesses, so that in itself is not a crime. However, Patel is like a cobra waiting to strike. He wants to prime and groom you for the inevitable upsell and if you are a bit cautious like I am who prefers to develop a relationship before agreeing to all sorts of dental procedures, he won't like it. For me, I wanted the $99 cleaning to see how it went and then go from there. I won't let anyone badger me into additional services until I get to know the dental practice first. Patel reveals his true colors by stating that "I am not a good fit" for his practice. Why am I not a good fit? Because I am not jumping for joy in getting my teeth cleaned? Because I am not prepared to spend hundreds of dollars in additional services without first establishing a relationship? Because I am not immediately subservient and obedient to his "superior" presence? How hard would it have been to have a hygienist come to my chair and clean my teeth first, then go from there? i've had it done many times without any drama. And it doesn't require the presence of the dentist, only the hygienist. But the gotcha is that you won't be "rewarded" with the $99 cleaning unless Patel gets the sense you are open and agreeable to his "advice" (sales pitch) for more work. I didn't know anything about him until I started reading some online complaints about him. I also discovered on the Georgia Board of Dentistry where he was found engaging in unprofessional conduct in 2008. He was put on probation until 2010. Four years later, he now appears to engage in "bait and switch" tactics to mention unseemly screening tactics. In any case, after he said "I wasn't a good fit", I knew he wanted me to leave. And I left peacefully without any drama simply stunned at the experience. Under normal circumstances, I would normally just let it go but something bugged me about the incident which lead me to checking his professional background. No need to take my word for it, just go to the Georgia Board of Dentistry website and look him up. You will find a legal reprimand. At 35, Patel is a young dentist who still needs to mature and grow up. His need to feed his ego and status is going to hurt him unless he reigns it in. HIs ambition and desperation to generate sales comes through loud and clear to those who have been around the block. He has a nice staff and facilities. Too bad he is too immature and tarnishes the experience. Engaging in $99 introductory programs is fine as long as he sees it through. Otherwise, I won't be the only person accusing him of "bait and switch" tactics. For a dental practice that has supposedly been around for years, he sure does do a lot of aggressive advertising and selling. I don't recommend him at all. Very untrustworthy.

Submitted August 9, 2014

Outstanding group of People. Dr Patel spends time with you and has the best technology. Always fun to go there even when I have work done:)

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Dr Patel and staff are a great group where they care about you as a person and not like places where they get you in and out. I liked the fact the person that cleaned my teeth and Dr. patel showed me my problems which other places did not. My mouth feels so much healthier than it ever has. Thank you guys so much.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Please DO NOT go to this dentist. I will mention 4 reasons here: 1) He is a dentist who is more concerned about his financial well being rather than his patients. 2) A doctor or a dentist who induces fear in a patient is NEVER a good doctor. Dr. Patel is very good at scaring his patients. 3) It feels like he is a sales person...not a dentist. 4) He talks too much.....I mean too much. Please avoid this dentist.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I come from a family of dentists and in 43 years I've had 1 cavity. I went to Dr. Patel after moving here and he insisted I have 16 cavities that ALL need to be filled NOW! He uses a machine thats supposed to tell how much decay there is and buzzes every time it finds some: a handy tool to scare you into believing his diagnosis! He wanted a nonrefundable $2000 to "reserve" my appt time...WHAT??! I was suspicious, so at my urging he used the "eagle eye" to point out the cavities on my x-rays, which blows it up 50%...I saw nothing. They "lost" my authorization to release my records and then delayed producing them. 2 other dentists confirmed from my x-rays that I have NO cavities, and a 3rd dentist actually examined me and also confirmed I am cavity free. I learned that few dentists use the special decay detecting machine because it gives FALSE POSITIVES. Mitul Patel gives dentists a bad name. He is performing unnecessary work just so he can make more money! DON'T GO TO HIM!!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

You will likely come of of Patels office with a long and expensive list of unnecessary work. We moved as this office is all about making money and doing work that is not needed.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2012

The staff is very attentive and friendly. Dr. Patel is easy to talk too and genuinly concerned that you have a positive experience.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011