Ratings for Dr. Franz S. Sewchand

I was a patient of Dr. Swechand's for about 2yrs. He is unprofessional, arrogant, dismissive and short. His "bed-side manner" was non-existent. Hontestly, I wouldn't advise an enemy to go see Dr. Sewchand. His staff seemed more concerned and were genuinely showed more care than Dr. Sewchand. I only hope that he reads his former patient reviews and adjusts to better serve over-all.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

None ,Family of three were patient's for many year's.Recently I went outside of network ,since I had an emergency,Dr office was closed due to snow.Now I have treated poorly ,and dropped as patient.Happy though,

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I had a bad experience in which I almost died because he did not take action in his office or recommend going to the emergency room for high blood sugar, even when he saw my blood test that showed my sugar to be high. Three days after the visit I was in the hospital emergency room with a sugar level of 720. In their haste to bring my sugar down, the ER took measures that led to me almost going into cardiac arrest. They bought me back around before that hapened. Dr. Sewchand could have averted all this if he was more attentive to what I said to him in regard to my symptoms. When i ask him question he is impatient and short. He even used profanity when he got upset with me because I mentioned what a tech in a xray room told me to ask him.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Generally conservative in approach. Did not offer solutions that I have since found at other doctors. Good in general but not innovative.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Sewchand for 4-5 years. I have always found him to be pleasant and knowledgeable. He seems thorough in his exams, but impatient and rushed when answering or asking questions. He has offered remedies, prescriptions, advice and specialist referrals which have addressed my immediate medical needs, but I always feel that is all I get. I would like a relationship with a doctor who knows who I am and can help keep me in good health in the long term. I don't think he remembers me from one visit to the next, nor my wife who has also begun seeing him. That is why we are looking fro a new doctor and why I am at this site today.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

seems unsure of himself. rushed.not very thorough.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

Dr. Sewchand is a very nice guy. Unless you have a cold or the flu he refers you to a specialist. I have seen him on a few occasions and he has never done anything to help me. I also think he is all about the money.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2006

I have seen Dr. Sewchand on three or four occasions. Outside of a routine physical, he has never been able to help me when I have had medical issues. He's a nice guy, and he listens, but I feel that if there is something really wrong with you, you should go to a specialist.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2006

i REALLY LIKE DR SEWCHAND HE IS REALLY GREAT DR MY WHOLE FAMILY USES HIM. HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND MAKES YOU FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2006

Dr. Franz S. Sewchand's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal