Ratings for Dr. Maureen Huff

The most knowledgable and caring Doctor I've ever had!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

Overall: Maureen Huff threatened to take my mental health meds away for refusing to sign away my right to make my own health care decisions. Details: I saw "Dr" Huff after discharge from a local psychiatric facility, where I had been treated for severe depression. As a county patient I was given a blank form to sign as my "treatment plan." When I asked how that worked with informed consent (a federal patient rights law), I was verbally threatened with withdrawal of my mental health medication. She followed through on the threat, as she'd apparently rather I commit suicide or become unstable and harm others than not passively go along with whatever changes they wanted to make to my meds and therapy. I am NOT a "problem patient," I went in committed to recovery, ready to respect her knowledge and follow her recommendations. I WILL NOT take drugs without knowing what they are, or submit to “therapeutic interventions” without researching their effectiveness. I get my meds from my GP and will never go to a county shrink again.

Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr Huff is a very kind person, she was so worried about my husband she called my home making sure we where OK

flag | Submitted February 25, 2011