Ratings for Dr. Sandra L. Viola

I have been a patient of Dr Viola for several years. She has helped me through my depression and several other family issues. She has been compassionate with each situation yet professional in guiding me through the difficult matters at hand and teaching me how to take control of my life again. She has been very good at following up with calls when you need to reach out to her and also when there is a rescheduling necessity. Dr Viola will listen to what you have to share and give guidance and sometimes "homework" to help you work through your difficulties. She is there to help and support you but you must also be there to work with her and follow and try her suggestions to help yourself. She has been very helpful to me which is why I continue to see her when the going gets tough.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Viola for over ten years. Having gone through many illness, losses and family deaths during those years Dr. Viola is the one responsible for keeping me here. She has been available by phone or appointment whenever I need her. She is very compassionate, a great listener and gives me guidance and taught me coping skills. Dr. Viola is always patient with me. She will call me for follow up to check on me if I am having an especially difficult period. If I need to change an appointment she will always try to fit me in to some other time slot. During my next appointment she will make references to what we talked about during our last session, asking how I am doing. She truly does care about her patients.I cannot say enough kind things about Dr. Viola. I am thankful she is in my life.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

Dr Viola is compassionate, caring, understanding and a good listener. I have been seeing Dr Sandra Viola on and off since 1996. At that time I was suffering from severe depression. She compassionately helped me work through the issues underlying my depression so I could continue on with my life. From 2009 – 2011 I experienced three major life changing events, the death of my mother and father within a two year period and the loss of a job that I had held for 9 years. Once again Dr Viola was there for me and through her professional, empathetic therapy helped me achieve the peace I needed to move on and regain my happiness. She is truly concerned about her patients. I would unquestioningly recommend her to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Viola for years. She has helped me tremendously. She is very knowledgeable and resourceful. She has also gone above and beyond just sessions to help me and provide me with information regarding my issues. I would recommend Dr. Viola for people that realize therapy is about doing your own work with the help of a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

The other poster was right on! TERRIBLE! It's hard enough telling the story once, but to go over it again every time you go there is counter productive. She doesn't care about her patients and always needs you to know that her daughter is a doctor. What does that have to do with my sessions. I finally had enough, and never went back. It's been eight weeks and she hasn't even called to see why I have not scheduled an appointment. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL! If you want to go and talk through what is bothering you she is NOT the one to see. She is more concerned that her make-up is on "okay" or that her blazer or blouse look straight/flat while she is sitting during your session. She never remembers what you said the session before. If she would jot down a few notes to help her remember than you wouldn't have to spend the WHOLE session being calmed down because you have to repeat the whole story from last week again because she can't remember week to week. So, think about something that you might be talking to her about.............maybe the death of a child (HORRIBLE) and then go for therapy and have her say, "Now tell me again, when did your daughter pass away again? It was sickle cell, right?" No, my son passed away three weeks ago from (fill in the blank). Just an example. Why go through that. I finally had enough of giving her the benefit of the doubt. So, I know see someone else. Finally, progress!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Dr. Sandra L. Viola's Credentials

• Oakland College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1994)

• BCBS Georgia