Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Chimahosky

I am astonished at 2 things in reading the Reviews about Dr. Chimahosky. Who has been my Primary care physician for about 4 years. (*He was initially referred to me by a Family member who said her friend that was pregnant and couldn't find many Dr.'s in Schuylkill County that would take her insurance after Dr. Chimahosky did take her and her insurance she was so happy with the care he provided and time he spent with her, today she has a 5 year old and said QUOTE: "He is THEE ONLY Dr. in the County that considers taking most insurance and ALSO TAKES CARE OF YOU."... It would be unfair and not possible for me to say no other Dr. does care as much. But as far as Dr. Chimahosky & the time he listens, cares, asks interactive questions and for all the right reasons became a Doctor; I think he is extraordinary. The respect, honesty, benefit of the doubt in helping treat his patients out of the perhaps 7 or 8 different Primary Care Physicians Dr.'s I have had in my life-time; there is NOBODY BETTER. *I couldn't help notice the 2 negative reviews that while he may not just write a script like most Dr's and say NEXT?... I could and would vouch for him that he is the LEAST Careless Dr. I have ever had; and most considerate and the most Caring in every way possible. And he would never disregard a patients feelings on ANY medical matter. And if it were out of his area of Expertise with any doubt immediately sets up (and has set up arrangements to promptly refer (you)/ie. Me to a Specialist in Network Provider (examples: podiatrist, for a severely infected ingrown toe-nail, and Neurologist for chronic numbness in a finger years after a broken bone) **I have never taken this much time to write a review about any Healthcare Provider have no relation direct or indirect to Dr. Chimahosky or any of his current or previous staff. That I can say as certain as I could possibly be sure the 1st several recommendations below mine accurately sum up this Dr. and any negative or personally and professionally insulting comments below even it it was only 1 or 2. I know this Dr. does ALL that he can and MORE to HELP his patients as well as the 1st line of the Oath he took as a Dr. to "Do No Harm." He cares as much as any Dr. I could imagine that when I fall short of my life goals or health follow-ups on occasion I feel guilty like I personally let him down, and could only feel that way if he didn't genuinely invest so much time and compassion in my well being; and not sure I would still be here without him. I without ANY reservations Highly Recommend Dr. Chimahosky. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Takes his time and really cares. Spent a great deal of time to actually work toward solving the problem instead of just pushing out the door with a script.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Great Doctor! I have no complaints! Wish we had more doctors out there who take the time to listen to there patients like Dr Chimahosky

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

Excellent Doctor. Has helped me and my family threw a lot. I would recommend Him to anyone looking for a Good Dr.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

He is a wonderful Doctor. His staff are also great. Always willing to find a answer for me.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I Survived a severe Traumatic Brain Injury. Because I had all natural THC (being used as a natural medication now for survivors by prescription in 20+ states now) in my system, he refused to step me down off of Fentanyl Transdermal System 50 mch/h patches when I begged him to. Instead, he just wrote me another months dosage. I learned after contacting the CDC, the dosage he continued to keep me on was for a 250+lb man, I'm a 120+lb female! People were dying from this left and right, see all the commercials from attorneys on TV, but this "doctor" refused to allow me to try to come off safely, watched & counseled. I Fire Him, I called CDC to know what to look for incase I needed 911, put myself on house lock-down for 2 months, and stepped myself down slowly while going through agonizingly horrible withdraw. I did it, without my "doctors" help, I took my life back instead of allowing the drugs to control me, as he was happy to allow to continue until I overdosed on this crud!!! How he is even in practice is beyond me!

Submitted November 3, 2014

A few words to describe Jeffrey Chimahosky : money hungry, sly, cunning, sneaky, no compassion, willfully neglectful, and last but not least, very forthcoming with your personal medical information to others without your consent. My father is a 62yr old man with numerous health issues. He's been seeing Jeffery Chimahosky for diabetes, COPD, CHF, back issues, extremely high blood pressure, both knees need to be replaced but due to his poor health and damaged veins in his legs surgery is not an option. The list goes on and on. This office wouldn't release my father's prescriptions until my sister paid her over due bill of $100.00. My father was in distress for 4 days until her bill was paid. The sad thing is, she is a grown woman not even under his insurance plan. My sister doesn't even live with my father. My option is this man shouldn't be practicing medicine. The patient's well being comes before his pocket.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Dr. Jeffrey Chimahosky's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1995)