Ratings for Dr. Thomas F. Gregory

My dad found out he was riddled with cancer while in the hospital, and it took 3 days for Dr. Gregory to come talk to him about possible treatment or prognosis. Worst bedside manner ever. Hovered in doorway jiggling his hands in his pocket while telling my father he only had weeks to live. Started glad-handing us like a televangelist when we asked for a palliative care doctor, he was so relieved to get out of the room. Declined to write us the hospice order my dad needed to enter hospice, even though he was the one who told my dad he had weeks to live. Completely appalling experience all the way around. Made a horrible time even worse.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

My dad came into the hospital and was diagnosed with cancer in 2013. Dr Gregory became his oncologist. He has a poor bedside manner. Did a terrible job explaining the type of cancer dad had and did not offer any alternatives. We wanted to take dad to MD Anderson, but Dr Gregory said that they couldn't do anything more than what he could do. We took dad home and changed his diet and added supplements and he lived a year longer than expected, but no thanks to Dr Gregory. I will never recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr. Gregory gave poor impression from the beginning and it remained negative. He walked in very late and did not even know anything about my diagnosis or history. It was in the chart. He asked me what treatment needed to be done. That's reassuring. His nurse knew more than he did about my diagnosis and recent surgery. He claimed I was cancer free, but did not know that I had never had ct scan to confirm there was no metastisis. The entire time he was in the room, his back was to us and he was staring at a computer screen. Then he would suddenly jumped up and say he needed to check on something. He would leave me in the room for another ten minutes or so and come back with little to no explanation. This happened every visit. (4 visits before I had enough of him). His knowledge was lacking and it was actually frightening that he is considered a cancer specialist. Tx oncology is a nice clinic, but he is not their best physician. I would not recommend him for any of your loved ones. Ask for a different specialist if you use tx oncology!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I had two different cancers lymphoma and breast in stage 4 and I Highly Recommend Dr. G and his staff to anyone and I have recommended him many times. He runs behind in schedule, because he takes time with you and does a lot of explaining your diagnosis. When we were in the hospital he always came by and sometimes that would be around 8 or 9pm. Dr. G is a kind, compassionate, caring, sympathetic, and most of all he is considerate to not only to the patient but to their family, because Cancer doesn't happen to just one it happens to the entire family. God Bless This man... He is Awesome!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

THE 3RD FLOOR NURSES ARE EXCELLENT BUT DR GREGORY'S COMMUNICATION SKILLS ARE VERY POOR. ANYTHING THAT IS OUTSIDE OF CANCER, HE ACTS LIKE HE KNOWS NO MORE THAN I DO. THE NURSES DID MORE DIAGNOSING AND PROBLEM SOLVING THAN HE DID. I RECOMMEND ANY CANCER SPECIALIST AT MOTHER FRANCES THAT IS NOT DR GREGORY.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

Dr. Thomas F. Gregory's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1993)

Alliance Health Care