Dr. Edouard F. Armour

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Edouard F. Armour

Dr Armour is a fantastic doctor. Because he is an athlete he understands the desire to stay active. He listens and is thorough in his assessments. I recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

Dr. Armour is an awesome physician! He really takes the time to listen to all of your concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone. Dr. Armour is one of a kind.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2018

Dr. Armour is so patience, caring, kind and full of love for his patients. He is a highly knowledgeable and skillful physician, and I will add that he is very easy on the eyes. A total package. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2018

Dr. Armour is precise and knowledgeable, while also being kind and understanding. With his work and support, I climbed a 13,000' mountain one year after ACL surgery! Staff is caring and Dr. Armour is always punctual.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2018

I have seen Dr Armour for MANY years. I did MMA for over 7yrs and there are some tears/injuries that come with the sport. He helped diagnose my Labral hip tear many years ago and recommended me to one of the best in the field for surgery. He found a fractured carpal bone other Dr's missed, and helped me get through a groin/quad tear prior to a grappling competition. He has always listened to what I have to say about my body and what it is telling me. He has always taken that info in and used that to help guide his train of thought.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

Dr Armour was extremely knowledgeable and helpful following a referral from my primary care provider. He examined me and diagnosed me quickly and efficiently, with knowledge beyond what my primary doctor was able to provide. I am grateful for his service.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

Dr. Armour is a very professional and compassionate man. My daughter broke her collarbone and each visit he put her at ease and had her laughing. He also explained everything to both of us so that we understood what our job was in her recovery. Thank You! She is back to playing Volleyball as if she never had an injury.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

Had an ongoing hip injury that was not getting better with time. I had soreness in other areas and he just gave me cortisone shots instead of listening to the problem i was telling about. It seemed as though he didn't believe that i was as injured as i said and that it was in my head. I went to a new doctor, and he figured out right away i had a labrum tear and needed surgery. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

Really helped me with my knee, so I could get back to playing sports

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

This is one of the best doctors that I have been to. He knew so much about my knee injury, especially since he was an athlete.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. Edouard F. Armour's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Edouard F. Armour joined the Cary Orthopaedics team in 2009 as a sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon, and he is primarily focused on reconstructive and arthroscopic management of the shoulder and knee. Active himself as a triathlon competitor, Dr. Armour especially enjoys working with athletes to help them achieve their competitive and wellness goals. He attended the University of Windsor in Ontario for undergrad and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine for medical school. He then completed his internship and residency at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City. Before moving to the Triangle, Dr. Armour practiced orthopaedic medicine at Kernodle Clinic in Burlington and served as the team physician for multiple organizations, including Elon University, the Burlington Indians and the Burlington Royals. Dr. Armour is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and has been a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2003. He heads the Orthopaedic Section at Wake Med Cary Hospital and chairs the hospital’s Surgical Services Executive Committee. He enjoys working with teens throughout the Triangle, volunteering for the Athens High School Health Sciences magnet program and serving as Middle Creek High School’s team physician. Dr. Armour feels privileged to work with his patients, and his goal is to always combine the highest quality care with compassion for people of all ages.

• English