Ratings for Dr. Sanford H. Levy

My husband and I each recently had an initial visit with Dr. Levy. My first impression was that he genuinely cares about his patients and truly wants to be able to help them. He began by allowing us to freely talk about our concerns and our health history and just listening to what we had to say, taking careful notes the whole time. When he made recommendations for us regarding diet, supplements, and diagnostic tests, he was sensitive to our preferences and individual philosophies. I was also very impressed with his vast array of knowledge; it is evident that he truly cares about learning as much as he can, and staying up to date on the latest research. Dr. Levy is compensated based on the duration of the appointment, and he was direct and succinct with his comments and recommendations, making the best use of our time. At the end of our appointment, he read his notes back to us to make sure that everything was accurate and to allow us the chance to ask any further questions. After the appointment, he promptly sent us a scripted copy of his notes and his recommendations for each of us until our follow-up. I am very thankful to have found a doctor who truly cares and is willing to use an integrative approach.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2019

Dr. Levy's integrative approach is a welcome option to medical care. He listens attentively, his responses are clear and straightforward , and he offers advice tailored to patient preferences and needs. He is also easily accessible to answer questions as they arise between scheduled appointments. I am grateful for his expertise and flexibility and feel fortunate to be among those who benefit from his practice.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

A++! I professionally work with the most brilliant MDs on the east coast and when I was clearly misdiagnosed I knew I had to find an brilliant MD that can look at the whole picture and connect the dots. Dr. Levy did exactly that; ordered the appropriate tests and set up a pathway of care that is making a huge impact and difference in my health. Thank you Dr. Levy!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

Dr. Sanford Levy is professional, focused and knowledgeable. My first in-person meeting confirmed my first impression of him made after spending a lot of time at his website. His website (www.sanfordlevymd.com) is well laid out and has a wealth of educational information on varied health topics. During my first appointment, I gave him a short recent medical history and a list of concerns and questions. He prioritized my complaints/concerns and offered a treatment plan to begin immediately. He then took a complete medical history. Dr. Levy requests that new patients bring in all medication/supplement bottles for him to review. I was amazed at his thoroughness as he suggested a few replacement products, a few dosage changes, and elimination of others. He also told me why he made these suggestions because he had listened to my family history and because he keeps up-to-date with medical studies. First impression? Extremely positive. After a very full 1-hour consultation, he sent a follow-up email with a detailed summary of my visit. I took notes during my visit and I was impressed to see that his summary included every detail we had discussed. I am confident that he will be able to help me. An observation about his fee structure is that I think his fees are more than fair. His office visits are not covered by my Medicare Advantage plan. However, my insurance specialist co-pay is $50, which can often last only 15 minutes and the physician/PA only addresses a limited part of my anatomy. Dr. Levy keeps his fee reasonable in part because he has a modest office and a limited staff. I thank him for his dedication to treating his patients

flag | Submitted July 22, 2018

Dr,Levy is excellent! I saw him for the first time several days ago and will see him again. He was able to give me several research based non pharmacuitical alternatives for my condition.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Always very helpful and knowledgeable. Dr. Levy brings good experiences and insight to share at each visit with patients!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Dr Levy is a very intelligent and caring human being and doctor. He listens to my needs first then we collaborate on an approach I asm. comfortable with and meets my needs. Other doctors told me there wasn't anything that could be done for my medical condition after numerous office visits and various prescriptions that didn't help or solve the problem anyways. My copay and deductible are high so even with insurance the prior office visits were expensive. Turned out Dr Levy offered a lot of good advice and my treatment plan is effective . Its good to know I can reach him directly if I ever have pressing questions. He usually gets back to me that day. He helped me with what was causing my medical condition instead of taking a bandaid approach. I'm glad we have a doctor like him to go to in the Buffalo area. Im back to good health and very grateful for Dr Levy's past and continuing guidance. Dr Levy has earned my trust highest rating. Several friends and family members are patients of his now because I was so delighted with the good results.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I think Dr. Levy is an ideal doctor. I just recently started to see him a couple months ago and I am already beginning to feel a great deal of relief for the first time in over 17 years due to debilitating fatigue among other numerous symptoms caused by my autoimmune disorders and other chronic conditions. Dr. Levy was able to help me when several local specialists and a highly reputable hospital out of state were not able to. He has a very strong internal medicine background, really listened to my issues, does an excellent job with his follow-up, and is incredibly receptive in explaining and addressing my concerns. Even his admin is very friendly when you call the office as well. During my last visit with him, I actually started to cry with tears of happiness, not only because he was actually able to help me, but also, he explained other approaches/plans in case I did not experience continued improvement. My brother is a MD (board certified doctor) and I would recommend him to anyone who feels their medical symptom(s) are not being adequately addressed by their doctor(s). He is worth every penny and I just love him as my doctor. I suffered tremendously for so long and I wish I would have seen him numerous years ago.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

If you're tired of doctors whose only solution is to cover up your problem with another pill, go see Dr. Levy. He is more interested in helping people get to the route of the problem. The path is not always as easy as popping a pill, but the quality of life is much better with a holistic approach. While he can prescribe prescriptions, and will if it is the best solution, he will help you find alternative solutions, first. Dr. Levy is kind, insightful, and very intelligent.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Levy’s for several years and have found him to be intelligent, attentive and very personable. Dr. Levy listened to my health concerns, shared some specific recommendations in response, including informative resources for me to read later for my own edification. He was also very straightforward and honest in his response to my goals, recommending options based on the research … he didn’t just tell me what I wanted to hear and prescribe a medication to get me out the door. I received a well thought out recommendation.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Dr. Sanford H. Levy's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Levy is an integrative/holistic medicine specialist, board certified in both Internal Medicine (1989) and Integrative Holistic Medicine (2003). Services offered to you include wellness care, healthy aging, guidance regarding dietary supplements and prevention of chronic disease, and treatment of a wide variety of chronic conditions, using a functional medicine approach. My personal goal is to listen to you and hear what your needs are, collaborate with you and to help you to optimize your health.

• English

• SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Science (Grad. 1986)

• 1996 - Fellowship, American College of Physicians
  • 1986 - Alpha Omega Alpha
  • 1996 - Master Clinical Teaching Fellowship (SUNYAB School of Medicine)

• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome [book chapter]. Integrative Medicine. Fourth Edition. David Rakel MD editor. 2018