Dr. Sanford H. Levy

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sanford H. Levy

Dr,Levy is excellent! I saw him for the first time several days ago and will see him again. He was able to give me several research based non pharmacuitical alternatives for my condition.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Always very helpful and knowledgeable. Dr. Levy brings good experiences and insight to share at each visit with patients!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Dr Levy is a very intelligent and caring human being and doctor. He listens to my needs first then we collaborate on an approach I asm. comfortable with and meets my needs. Other doctors told me there wasn't anything that could be done for my medical condition after numerous office visits and various prescriptions that didn't help or solve the problem anyways. My copay and deductible are high so even with insurance the prior office visits were expensive. Turned out Dr Levy offered a lot of good advice and my treatment plan is effective . Its good to know I can reach him directly if I ever have pressing questions. He usually gets back to me that day. He helped me with what was causing my medical condition instead of taking a bandaid approach. I'm glad we have a doctor like him to go to in the Buffalo area. Im back to good health and very grateful for Dr Levy's past and continuing guidance. Dr Levy has earned my trust highest rating. Several friends and family members are patients of his now because I was so delighted with the good results.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

I think Dr. Levy is an ideal doctor. I just recently started to see him a couple months ago and I am already beginning to feel a great deal of relief for the first time in over 17 years due to debilitating fatigue among other numerous symptoms caused by my autoimmune disorders and other chronic conditions. Dr. Levy was able to help me when several local specialists and a highly reputable hospital out of state were not able to. He has a very strong internal medicine background, really listened to my issues, does an excellent job with his follow-up, and is incredibly receptive in explaining and addressing my concerns. Even his admin is very friendly when you call the office as well. During my last visit with him, I actually started to cry with tears of happiness, not only because he was actually able to help me, but also, he explained other approaches/plans in case I did not experience continued improvement. My brother is a MD (board certified doctor) and I would recommend him to anyone who feels their medical symptom(s) are not being adequately addressed by their doctor(s). He is worth every penny and I just love him as my doctor. I suffered tremendously for so long and I wish I would have seen him numerous years ago.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

If you're tired of doctors whose only solution is to cover up your problem with another pill, go see Dr. Levy. He is more interested in helping people get to the route of the problem. The path is not always as easy as popping a pill, but the quality of life is much better with a holistic approach. While he can prescribe prescriptions, and will if it is the best solution, he will help you find alternative solutions, first. Dr. Levy is kind, insightful, and very intelligent.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Levy’s for several years and have found him to be intelligent, attentive and very personable. Dr. Levy listened to my health concerns, shared some specific recommendations in response, including informative resources for me to read later for my own edification. He was also very straightforward and honest in his response to my goals, recommending options based on the research … he didn’t just tell me what I wanted to hear and prescribe a medication to get me out the door. I received a well thought out recommendation.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

Very caring and very knowledgable. Highly intelligent. Took his time with me. Did not rush. He is a very calm doctor. I felt comfortable and not nervous at all which i usually do get with docs. I plan on seeing him again.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Levy's approach to trying exercise, proper diet and quality supplements, rather than using pharmaceuticals first for a chronic condition was much appreciated. I am optimistic about the precise follow up testing as well.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Levy was courteous and prompt. After one office visit he is willing to help us over the telephone as we live 7 hours away. Awesome!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I have seen Dr. Levy lots of times over the past 6 years. He has always been there when I needed him. He treats patients respectfully and is always up on current research regarding both typical and alternative meds., and willing to read research brought in by a patient and prescribe alternative meds. and blood tests when necessary. He can usually see you within a short time and always gets back to you quickly when you need him. I am so glad to have this dr. in my life.

Submitted September 24, 2015

Dr. Sanford H. Levy's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Levy is an integrative/holistic medicine specialist, board certified in both Internal Medicine (1989) and Integrative Holistic Medicine (2003). Services offered to you include wellness care, healthy aging, guidance regarding dietary supplements and prevention of chronic disease, and treatment of a wide variety of chronic conditions, using a functional medicine approach. My personal goal is to listen to you and hear what your needs are, collaborate with you and to help you to optimize your health.

• English

• SUNY at Buffalo School of Medicine & Biomedical Science (Grad. 1986)

• 1996 - Fellowship, American College of Physicians
  • 1986 - Alpha Omega Alpha
  • 1996 - Master Clinical Teaching Fellowship (SUNYAB School of Medicine)

• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome [book chapter]. Integrative Medicine. Fourth Edition. David Rakel MD editor. 2018

MAMSI