Ratings for Dr. Cheryl A. Boyd

The facility itself wasn't very clean, the staff was talking to each other and didn't acknowledge my son and I at all even when I was standing right in front of them. I finally interrupted so I could check in. We waited for about 30 minutes before we were taken back. We then waited in the room for an additional 30 minutes plus in the room itself on Dr. Boyd to see my son. That is a long time waiting with a toddler! My son had a rash, I told Dr. Boyd he fell while playing in the sprinkler in the back yard on his left side and that was the only side the rash was on. I told her I thought he was allergic to grass because he had a similar but not as bad reaction the year before. I asked him what to give him. She then cut me off and told me it was not an allergic reaction to grass but he had a virus we would have to wait out. I was so angry because I knew it was grass not a virus but I didn't know what was safe to give a 2 year old. I went to Wal Greens and got Benadryl and gave him a small amount and it was better in hours. I went to a different Pediatrician for the same thing a month later and asked her about it and she said yes, it was an allergic reaction and she told me what I needed to do. I waited and paid for nothing with Dr. Boyd. I didn't go back.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Simply put we have moved on to another, more helpful and knowledgeable, pediatrician.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Have never seen a problem thruogh two children. She immediately diagnosed a serious problem with a newborn that saved her life, and took the appropriate action to insure her continued health. That child is ten now, and through those years we have been nothing less than impressed with the level of care we have received.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

I am the pediatric patient and am 17 years old. Ive been going to Dr. Boyd for the past 5 years along with my younger brother and sister. I have never had a bad experience with her. She talks to me on my level and spends as much time as necessary. What sucks is in less than a year i need to find a new Dr because she only goes up to 18.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

I have had several visits with Dr Boyd and have not had a wait for longer than 10 minutes after arrival at the office. There have been times when she needed to take a call from a specialist and returned to our child quickly taking care of our needs. I always feel I have received the care and the time I needed and with accurate results. The nurses are quite helpful calling me back within an hour. I never have had a problem getting in to see her on an emergency basis. I have been to other physicians and feel she ranks up there with the best of them. My children look forward to seeing her for well visits and she greets them when they see her in the community. Dr Boyd is the type of Dr I would like for myself.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I hope she never leaves because I could NEVER find another pediatrician as wonderful as her. She has a nursing background as well and is incredibly attentive to her patients. She returns phone calls promptly whenever paged after office hours and even met me in a grocery lot parking lot to look at a rash when she was "in the area" anyway. I absolutely CANNOT say enough wonderful things about her and her staff. There is sometimes a wait when you go to see her, BUT it is because she does take the time to talk with her patients and doesn't rush anyone out the door. EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2009

We have seen Dr Boyd for 8 years. Very positive experience, great Dr! works with ins co.,highly recommend!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

She is not knowledgeable, she misses things in patients that other doctors are able to see upon viewing the child. She does not do proper lab work to back up her diagnosis. Parents are often waiting for 30 minutes to an hour after seeing the nurse and before seeing the doctor.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

We've used Dr. Boyd for the past 3 years, and she has always been excellent. She is attentive to my kids during visits and is very thorough in her questions. She is serious in demeanor, but always kind to us. She never has seemed rushed during our visits, and will spend as much time with us as we need until our questions are answered. Dr. Boyd is great and we're so glad she's in our town! We definitely recommend her to anyone in Owasso!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a pediatrician. Dr. Boyd was very short with my daughter and somewhat rude to me. She did not smile even once at my daughter. She did not listen to my concerns and cut me off and spoke over me when I had questions. I was nearly in tears by the time we left her office. I would never recommend this office to family or friends.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Dr. Cheryl A. Boyd's Credentials

• Ok State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Tulsa, Ok 74107 (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Owasso, OK