Ratings for Dr. Kevin F. Wade

Wouldn't take a dying rat to this man! Worthless! Actually board certified as family practice, not pediatrics. Guess he figures kids are easier to take care of then adults since fewer medical problems.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I had my first child last year and was scared to pick a doctor for her, as everyone has there horror story's about everyone. My husband strongly suggested Dr Wade whom was my his doctor growing up. He was there when i delivered my daughter and was so amazing. I was terrified new mom. i had not any family or experienced mothers around me at the time. I think only because of Dr Wade being there and explaining everything and answering any little question i had is the only reason i slept thru the night. I have and i will refer him to anybody i no with children. I have had family come across state to go with me to my daughters check up just to meet him. He is a one of a kind Dr. Thank you Dr. Wade!!!

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

After he gave my son a letal dose of medicine, we spent the night in the ER.. First and last time I will ever take my son to this doctor...While we were there he seemed to know what he was doing, but after my son started to have a seizure we knew he didn't have a clue!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2011

I first used Dr. Wade with my daughter. At the time we lived in Muskogee but moved when she turned one. I LOVED him the whole time I was there. When my son was born he began having growth issues and the pediatricians where we now live acted like something was wrong but would not follow through with anything so I finally went for another opinion. We are 2 hours away from Muskogee but I will continue going to see Dr. Wade despite the drive. He answered our questions thoroughly and alleviated our concerns. My only complaint I have ever had has been time. It usually takes half the day in his office but this is due to the fact that he takes time in the room with each patient and does not rush you out the door. He makes every patient feel welcomed and important. He is very personable and actually interacts and talks with the kids including babies which is a something that other pediatricians have not done. This was a MAJOR complaint I have had with other pediatricians.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Dr. Wade is wonderful. I feel safe with my children under his care. My son was born with crossed-eyes, and to date, has had 3 eye muscle surgeries. It's been a long road but Dr.Wade referred us to a specialist almost immediately to get the help that we needed. I don't mind the wait because when it's our turn to be seen, he's not in a hurry to leave without proper diagnosis. A wonderful pediatrian...priceless!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Dr. Wade is an absolutely wonderful doctor! He spent over an hour in the room with our triplets. I was expecting to be blown off by yet another doctor and he said, point blank- "You spend the most time with your babies, not me, I am not going to say you are making things up." He answered all of our questions and he actually encouraged us to ask him more questions! He explained everything thoroughly but not in a manner that I felt below him or lost from medical terms. He examined our triplets and found something that no other doctor, even the neonatologist from when they were born, found. He included our older daughter in the exam so she did not feel left out and asked for her "help" with the babies and he even stopped and talked about our oldest too. He seems VERY education oriented and very knowledgeable on all aspects of his job. He is THE best pediatrician I have ever met! There is not enough room here to say all the positive things. Office staff was great too! I found no negatives.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

I have to echo the comments from the good and the bad reviews. Dr. Wade is awesome with my kids, he belives in strong family and well behaived children. He takes the time to talk with the kids about whats going on and lets the parents know too. He makes it fun for the kids. The problem comes when you know a problem needs to be addressed and he doesn't see it. I think it comes from his dealing with several parents that over react. He tries to reassure you that nothing is wrong or it won't last. The parent knows thier kid best at least invesigate the problem. He is also very hesitent to refer patients for specialty opinions. He is the best option for as far as I have looked in a 60 mile radius. I would rather have him than anyone else I have seen. In fact it is refreshing the way he takes care of his patients. Dr. Wade: Please start listening!!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2009

Although I am not from the Muskogee area, I used Dr. Wade as my son's physician. I chose him because I remembered assisting him with a procedure during my time in medical school. I found him to be very professional 14 years ago and even better at the present. I watched him assessing my son and treating him suring our appointment and found him to be quite knowledgeable and efficient. The staff was friendly and the waiting was minimal. He even offered additional advice for my son that encouraged him to succeed personally. My son felt comfortable with him and I know that he is very knowledgeable in his specialty. I recommend him to everyone in need of a pediatrician. He is priceless. Signed, A Noteable Medical Professional

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

From waiting for almost 2 hours at every appointment and waiting for the staff to check the copay on the same insurance everytime becomes old and frustrating. Once you have made it through the check in now you sit and wonder if your concerns about your child's health will be heard. No one knows a child better than a parent. So if the parent feels there is something not right with the child as I did, there concerns need to be address. By using Dr Wade over the years it became more and more frequent that issues with health matters of my children were not addressed the first visit, usually on subsquent visits. He was no longer a Dr that had the welfare of my children in best interest. As a parent we should never be made to feel as if we don't know our child and maybe next time he will take the time to listen to other parents because sometimes somethings could be overlooked.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2008

Dr. Wade & staff are very professional people. They truely care for their clients. I have 3 children that have all seen Dr. Wade since birth.They were very premature with some health issues that as a young mother, I needed a Dr. for my children that respected me as their mother & that I could rely on for their medical attention. Dr. Wade has never refused to see my children at any time. He has always explained their illnesses to me in a detailed way that I could understand. He truely does care for his patients. I highly reccomend him!!!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008

Dr. Kevin F. Wade's Credentials

• Univ Of Ok Coll Of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 73190 (Grad. 1991)

• BCBS Illinois