Ratings for Dr. Stephen A. Mitchell

I never saw the doctor. I got there at 245 for a 3 pm appointment. At 350 pm, I was told that the doctor was in with one patient and had two more to see before me. I asked to get my copay back (his staff obliged) and then they all scurried about and told me I could go on back. At that point (4pm), I asked the nurse what the wait would be, and should said there was at least one patient in front of me and the wait would be longer than 10 minutes. I got my money back and left. Just know that this doctor does not respect your time. At no point was an emergency or anything mentioned - just poor calendaring.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Dr. Mitchell did my sinus surgery and my life has been so much better since then! He and his staff were very professional and truly cared about me and my feelings... He put me completely at ease and told me exactly what was going to happen. I recommend Dr. Mitchell to my family and friends without hesitation and many have been to see him as well. He is truly the best!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr. Mitchell explains everything he is doing as he examines you and you learn a lot! He makes things really easy to understand - he's been doing this a long time and knows his stuff and he's on top of the latest technology. He's cheerful and comfortable and inspires my confidence. He doesn't hesitate - says let's get it done - and advocates with insurance for you. He uses the latest surgical techniques and his surgical team is wonderfully efficient (and funny, too). I've had two surgeries with him. One to remove vocal polyps and another to fix adenoids, septum, and sinuses. Zero problems - minimal pain - healed beautifully. Definitely one of my all time fave docs!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

I have seen Dr. Mitchell 2 different times in the past 2 years. He has been extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He's very attentive, and his bedside manner is one of the best I've experienced with doctors. His staff was very nice. I've seen my share of doctors and reading the other reviews makes me wonder if this is the same doctor! The only con is the punctual timing, granted this may be because of his practice of spending a sufficient time with the patient and doesn't rush the patient to leave. I was not seen for my appointment until 40 minutes after my scheduled time. Other than that, I would recommend Dr Mitchell any time.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

Please do not go to this doctor! Absolutely the WORST doctor I've ever seen. His staff is excruciatingly rude. The scheduler is hateful. The nurse is mean. Not sure what has happened to Dr. Mitchell, but years ago I thought he was a good doctor. I recently saw him for a problem and nothing could be further from the truth. He could not have cared any less about my problem. He seemed ticked off that I was in his office. He tried to push me off to his partners. He barely looked at my ears and throat. He just typed on his little computer the whole time. He did not help me at all and wasted my time and money. I felt very violated by my experience with Dr. Mitchell. I found another Nashville otolaryngologist who did help me.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2010

His staff is just horrible. The appointment scheduler is hateful and mean. Dr. Mitchell is an employed physician with Saint Thomas Hospital and the staff is employed by them. I told Dr. Mitchell how difficult his staff was and he said 'there are no troublesome staff members, only evil patients' I liked Dr. Mitchell when I went to see him years ago, but I saw him a month ago and he was just terrible. I think he just wants to retire. Dr. Mitchell did not listen to me, he talked down to me and made me feel like I was wasting his time. Plus he tried to prescribe me narcotic medicine I did not want to take. This is one doctor who is not worth seeing anymore. I would NOT recommend Dr. Mitchell to anyone anymore.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2009

the most best relaxed smart understanding and so down to earth makes you feel like he has known you for yrs and rather your rich star or just a working star treats all the same thanks dr. mitchell

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Very attentive and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted July 30, 2007

Dr. Stephen A. Mitchell's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1973)