Ratings for Dr. Jesse E. Phillips

I saw Dr. Phillips 2 or 3 times before he went to Florida for a year. I always thought he was a good Doctor but I didn't experience any long wait times. I would go to him again.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

Was sent there aftera neck surgery went bad (infection, ect.) Was SO VERY Sick ! All 3 times waited OVER 2 and a half hours , once it was longer !He,s VERY RUDE, You could hear him cussing in another room, when your in a waiting room. talking about someone was about as Good as breasts on a Boar , ect. ect.After waiting All that time once to hear what tests had shown , He didnt even Have them ! The 1 time I didnn't take anyone with me ,He said something Sexual, and Totally Out of Line ! I was So Shocked by a Dr. saying something Like this ,I didn,t say anything Back. Just got out soon as I could . I did Tell the Nurse the next time when My tests did come in. Told Her he was WAY OUT OF LINE < and I thought about reporting him.Well she ade ure I was never alone with him that visit. An I got a call later since H couldn,t fine out what was wrong in my Neck, he was sending me to a Dr. in Indy ! That Was Great . but he had messed around doing NOTHING for 6 mos. that 1 of my saliva glands had been infected SO Much ,I was going to have to have it taken OUT ! I.d NEVER SEND ANYONE to Him or Dr. Hamlink,he Messed up my Neck First ! Look at HOW OLD the reviews are on him, is he paying someone to leave the God Ones up ?

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. Phillips is well worth any wait time. He has provided care for my family for 6 years. The time and care he provides to his patients is of excellent quality. Unfortunately, we have had the experience to travel to many different areas throughout the midwest for medical diagnosis and treatment. Any questions or concerns I have had have been taken seriously and have been more than adequately answered. His staff has always been pleasant, respectful and responsive. Yes, you may have to wait a few minutes. Trust me. The care is worth it!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2011

As someone who comes from a family in health care and has dealt with a lot of doctors, Phillips is a competent ENT. He is thorough and does think diagnoses through. Given his location and the largely routine problems he sees in a small town (<100,000 population), however, I do believe that he doesn't display the same concern for the out-of-ordinary that some bigger city ENTs might because they see these problems more often. His office does seem overburdened with patients, but his office is only one of a few in a decent sized town, and he splits time with another similarly sized town. Just bring a book if you're worried about the wait.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2009

I was told that he is popular to Music students in IU, but he has an attitude problem to the patients. He might see so many rednecks at Bloomington though. His staff should be more honest on their mistakes before covering it up with a lot of excuses.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

Did diagnose that my throat clearing problem was gastric reflux. However, did prescribe 2 medicines that were not to be taken together. Walmart pharmacy let me walk out the door with them. I noticed it when I got home. They called Dr. Phillips office who called and left a message on the answering machine. Said "Well, that's what the patient information from the pharmacy is for" Took no responsibility for misprescribing.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

Dr. Phillips is very knowledgeable and takes his time with you, no big hurry to get in and right out.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2006

Dr. Jesse E. Phillips's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

HealthFirst