Ratings for Dr. Mahnaz Messkoub

Worst dental experience I've ever had and I have had tons of work done on my mouth with several doctors and was never brought to tears while in the dental chair. Her bedside manner was atrocious , rough and uncaring. I sat in the dental chair after being numbed for 3 hours waiting then another three hours being worked on only to be told to come back because she was unable to finish. She was rude impatient unwilling to communicate or explain anything that was happening and no solution or concern for the amount of discomfort and pain she was putting me through. I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy. When I told my dentist about the experience his dental assistant gasped and knew exactly who I was referring to since she had worked for her shortly and seen few rat hand how horribly she treated her patients. I had no options at the time since my insurance only allowed for this short list of doctors while working for hisd. Now this was several years ago and hopefully she has changed her ways and improved her patient treatment.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Excellent service. Had more than 6 root canals w/ her over several years. Very calm and excellent patient care. Never any pain or additional problems. Facility Clean, calming, and beautiful music.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

She is very experienced and caring. I had my best experience with her. The work which aother doctor could not finish in about 4 hours she got it done smoothly and easily in about half an hour to 40 min. She´s amazing!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

This was my first root canal, and I was pretty nervous. Dr M performed a pain-free RC, I'll give her that, but I did not care for her bedside manner at all. I'm the kind of patient who asks a lot of questions, and she's the kind of doctor who is offended by questions--she responded as though I were challenging her qualifications or skill, when I really just wanted to understand the procedure better. She was so busy defending herself (and putting me down for having researched root canals on the Internet) that she never really answered my questions. If you're the kind of patient who doesn't need to understand what's going on, Dr M is the endodontist for you!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr. Messkoub was the worst endodontist I've ever met. Regardless of her hi-tech gadgets in her office, she was not professional. I heard and saw her getting after a guy that came to work on a shelving unit or drawer in the hallway right by the area I was seated in. I had already been given the numbing medicine and when she finally came to work on me, after arguing with the shelving guy...she began work and I could feel everything and let her know it was painful and I may need more numbing medicine. She then told me I didnt need more and poked at me again and again I jerked in my chair because of the pain. She finally decided to give me more numbing medicine but she made sure to make it as uncomfortable as possible and jabbed the needle into my gum. Luckily I was somewhat numb so I didn't feel so much pain, but still...to see this woman behave so unprofessionally and not even care about my discomfort....I dont know how she even stays in practice. Never would I recommend her!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Dr. Messkoub is very knowledgeable, has the most updated endodonthic equipment. She is nice and personable, painless and fast. Her work is perfectly done. And her staff is nice, bilingual an very helpful.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

The doctor and her assistant were very patient with me. It was my first root canal and although I had some pain during the procedure, both Dr. & the assistant worked diligently trying to make me as comfortable as possible. The only thing that I can say that was a negative was the way I was dismissed. I am a little confused because all I was told by the Dr. was You're done, you can go get your crown now and then she left. The assistant was equally dismissive just saying we are going to take more xrays and then never came back. Someone else came to take them. I went to pay and then was given a brochure about root canal care.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

The best dentist I have ever met. Very professional. Great tools. Soft touch on the tooth. Pain is not an option for her. Will find all the roots and fill them unlike general dentists who would stop at 2. Had it 3 yrs ago and still going strong. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

I first went to another dentist before going to dr messkoub and he gave me all kinds of reasons why the root canal procedure may not be successful or why he may not be able to do it.Luckily I remembered that dr messkoub had done a root canal on me several years ago. dr messkoub did not give me any negative reasons for not doing the root canal. She did it with no pain or problem. She is the best.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2010

I've had other root canals done, she was great. Painless, quick, very professional (have had several bad experiences with many dentists, wish she could be my general dentist). It IS expensive though.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010