Ratings for Dr. Bryan S. Serkin

I had my appointment with the doctor when I was suffering from a re-occurring sinus infection. I had been seen at an urgent care clinic two times prior and they had prescribed an antibiotic that wasn't effective on what I had. My symptoms were severe sore throat, inner ear pain, dizziness and bronchial cough. The Dr. sprayed something in my nose and proceeded to insert a tube up it. He never gave the spray even 30 seconds to start the numbing, so the tube was very uncomfortable as it probed in my sinus. He declared my nose was too thin and would I consider seeing a specialist to have a nose job. When I said no to his suggestion, he seemed put off and his attitude became dismissive. He checked my ears and concluded that he didn't see anything. He suggested I needed to have a CT scan of my sinus and be allergy tested. He left the room and the PA came in to conclude my appointment. I would not say this doctor was the worse I've ever seen, however, he certainly isn't the best. He could stand to learn to have more humility and lose his arrogance.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I had the worst experience of my life. I left that office in tears, a bleeding throat and in worse shape then I did before the appt. The doctor was very condescending in his tone and attitude. I didn't feel like a patient that was cared for. What he did to me didn't help my condition at all, he barely numbed my throat and kept stabbing at my tonsil to release pus, but only blood came out. I was in so much pain and didn't feel any sympathy or compassion from him despite my screaming and pain which was at a level 9 scale. Even when my mother tried to talk to him he was very rude. I would've been just fine with the prescriptions given to me because he made my left tonsil bleed and I left there extremely upset. The procedure to drain the abscess in my left tonsil was completely unnecessary especially after I was screaming in pain. I would NEVER recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I have never met such a condescending Dr before in my life. I was so caught off guard by Dr. Serkin's attitude, his belittling way of speaking, and his lack of interest in anything I had to say that I left the office in complete shock. As I left the nurse asked if I would like to schedule a follow up appointment. Not a chance! I didn't even know my appointment had ended. He just left the room without any closing. My appointment with Dr Serkin was this morning and this evening I am still bothered and frankly astounded at his behavior, lack of compassion, and lack of any curtesy whatsoever. I would never recommend this Dr. Awful experience.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

Prompt, knowledgeable and willing to spend the time to make me comfortable

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

Dr. Serkin and his staff listens to the patient and they care.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

Excellent physician. Courteous, caring, and prompt.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Dr. Bryan S. Serkin's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 2002)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan