Ratings for Dr. Jack Resnick

Dr. Resnick has been my PCP for 5 years. His style is very direct and interactive. He appreciates it if you come prepared with a list of questions. He gives good guidance and is a good listener. Sometimes he has to take calls or answer questions from the many patients he treats at their homes - he spends many hours in house calls to these patients. If you are easily intimidated by a doctor who challenges you to do your part in maintaining your health and are put off by a style that sometimes can resemble a New York taxi driver's gruffness - then he may not be for you. But he has many fans and is widely admired for his knowledge and dedication to his patients. I have seen him drop everything when a neighbor had a stroke - so perhaps he ran late that day! He is very smart, has a great sense of humor and is a fine human being.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I am aware that his office can be really busy but I think he is a compassionate Doctor . Rushed sometimes but when you need him he will be there. I trust him. He has visited me at home when it was impossible for me to visit him due to my health. He does listen.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. Resnick is condescending and unhelpful. He called me into his office and his personal phone rang while I sat down. He was on the phone for about 6 minutes discussing business while I was sitting next to him. He cut me off instead of listening to my concerns and off he sent me. There was no compassion whatsoever.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I am not going to describe what was a medical emergency problem my grandma had but all I can say this doctor is the worst experience in medical field we ever got. After he sent us for some ultra sound test we were supposed to get in touch on the phone about results and when we called him - not he just didn't care to ask what we are calling about, he responded in the rudest manner you can imagine! Can't judge his knowledgeability but his personality definitely doesn't make him caring doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

I think of Dr. Resnick as a friend and a Dr. I can call anytime I am seriously sick. When I came out of the hospital he visited me at home.Yes he is rushed sometimes because it appears that half of Roosevelt Island is in his office waiting to be seen. I think a lot of people trust him.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

Dr. Resnick is a very mean hearted person and I would not recommend giving him any business in the least. He is condescending and demeaning and no one should be made to feel that way. Stay far away.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

I came to Dr. Resnick as a new patient. From the beginning, the atmosphere in the office was tense and rushed. Dr. Resnick took a very perfunctory history. I asked him to address several medical issues and questions I had, and he was evasive. I specifically expressed a concern about my testosterone levels, and he replied that he would have a testosterone exam done, which was never done. Dr. Resnick had difficulty with the electrocardiogram and had to take readings several times before he asked me to "press down" on the electrodes to get a better reading. He measured my blood pressure at a higher level than I've ever had it measured. Dr. Resnick did not comment on a large, highly noticeable mass located on my neck below my right ear. I did not feel Dr. Resnick was interested in having me as a new patient, interested in my health nor particularly pays attention to detail. His bedside manner leaves much to be desired.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Before Dr. Resnick, I had a PCP that gave me more than a dozen totally irrelevant, incompetent referrals, and wasted way too much of my time. I have a rare, life-threatening (Gardner's Syndrome) condition. I don't need Dr. Resnick to be a specialist. I need him to give me referrals TO competent specialists. Since his office isn't located in a clinic or hospital, I can hand-pick people from anywhere that have contracts with HIP. I found out with the last PCP that I have to be in control of my own treatment. Dr. Resnick works with me, and gets me the referrals that I request. That's all that I can ask for. I'm really grateful to have been told about him. He's a really regular guy, and he's got a sense of humor.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

I found him to be horrendous. I have a chronic disease and just needed a general internist since my specialist is so far away. He basically made me feel as if my disease was in my head, dismissed me, told me he didn't have time to give me a check up and to come back again. I think he's a fraud.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2007

I guess he's okay. I always feel like he's super-rushed, and that he isn't giving full thought to the problem I'm having.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2006

Dr. Jack Resnick's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)