Ratings for Dr. Ronald J. Mcvicar

Went in with ear pain, came out with a diagnosis of tonsil cancer! Dr McVicar did a thorough examination, found the cancer, and set me up for surgery and radiation treatments. Not happy about the diagnosis of cancer, but, glad that it’s treatable. Dr McVicar is great!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2019

Wonderful ENT! Dr. McVicar is very caring, compassionate, and funny. He cured my reflux problem after my GI doctor couldn’t.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2019

I saw another Ent for dizziness who charged me a fortune but didn’t fix my problem. Dr. Ron quickly figured out that I had loose rocks in my head and with a quick head twist...NO MORE VERTIGO! He’s the BEST!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2019

I went in with a lump in my neck. Dr. McVicar performed a needle aspiration that same day and diagnosed me with throat cancer. Now, I'm going through radiation and chemotherapy. Dr. McVicar's rapid diagnosis and professional care has hopefully allowed me to catch this early and achieve a cure. He is TOP-NOTCH!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2019

I wasn't able to breathe through my nose for 20+ years. After seeing Dr. MacVicar, he recommended sinus surgery. The surgery went well, not too much pain, now I breathe like a champ! Why did I wait so long?

flag | Submitted February 5, 2019

One of the best ENT surgeons in Charleston! Dr McVicar spends time with his patients and really cares about their medical problems.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Saw Dr McVicar for my hearing loss. He has a great bedside manner and spent time with me to go over my hearing test and make recommendations regarding hearing aids. He cleaned the wax out of my ears before the testing, suction was much more pleasant than the flushing I have had in the past. The overall experience was excellent!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Great physician, excellent surgeon, very friendly and compassionate. Helped me control my allergies and solved my sinus problems. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I was advised by another ENT surgeon to have my thyroid gland taken out. I saw Dr. McVicar for a second opinion and he did a thorough work-up of my condition including blood work and a needle aspiration. Since my thyroid nodule looked small and benign, he told me that surgery was not absolutely necessary. I'm ecstatic that I was able to avoid unnecessary surgery. He is a great doctor and treats his patients with respect.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

I use to see Dr. McVicar when he was in the Navy. I'm thankful that he stayed in Charleston to continue to provide compassionate and competent care. He diagnosed by husband's throat cancer and made sure that he received the correct treatment. Great doctors are sometimes hard to find.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014