Ratings for Dr. Maha M. Ammar

My children have been going to this office for many years. My children love going to the doctors because they know they will be in good hands. Even when they are sick they will say I want to go to the doctors knowing they will get better. My son had meningitis and I rec'd several calls for the status of his condition even though I wasn't contacting the office for help. Excellent, excellent staff.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

excellent, very attentive, always been acurate in the children's sickenesses.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

Always found Dr. Ammar to be friendly and soft-spoken. She has a gentle manner with children, which sets my child at ease.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

OUR 4 CHILDREN HAVE BEEN WITH DR AMMAR SINCE THEY WERE INFANTS - AGES 15 TO 6. WE WOULD NOT TRUST THEIR HEALTH TO ANY OTHER PEDI. SHE HAS BEEN CAREING, ACCURATE IN HER DIAGNOSIS AND THOROUGH IN HER TREATMENT.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2007

No personality.Uncaring. Known to make new mothers feel guilty to not buying the absolute most expensive formula on earth. Office staff is extremely rude. Medical assistant yelled at my daughter when she did not understand the vision test & yanked her glasses off her little head. Have not been there since.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2006

I took my daughter there for her annual physical exam when she was 12. She called my daughter "obese". Four years later, a different doctor confirmed my suspicion that my daughter was suffering from anorexia. I'm not blaming Dr. Ammar for my daughter's problems, but a little more tact, when dealing with young girls, would probably been helpful in her earlier years. I would not recommend her for any child.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2006

Office staff are rude and unprofessional. I had called CVS to have a prescription filled that still had 1 refill left. CVS called the next day and explained it was a name brand and they called the Dr's office to get a approval. CVS was told that my son was not a patient anymore and they would not approve the prescription. This is a maintenance drug for his allergies and asthma that they prescribed many times. There is no reason why the Dr. would not approve it. Meanwhile he is without his medication, I am waiting for an explanation. A neighbor's son also was misdiagnosed, they are considering a law suit. In my opinion, I would stay away from this practice.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2006

Dr. Maha M. Ammar's Credentials

• Univ Of Cairo, Fac Of Med, Cairo, Egypt (330-02 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1975)

AARP