Ratings for Dr. Trent H. SMITH

I have gone to Dr. Smith for years. He is wonderful, caring, and kind. He always remembers me and the details of my condition and case. He is great about staying in the loop with my many specialists, and puts my care as a priority. He listens to my needs and helps me find the treatment options that are right for me.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr Smith is a very awesome dr but his staff is awesome!!! I have to call several days in a row to get a a response. Trying to get a PA for Rituxan took 6 mos.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I have mixed feelings about Dr. Smith. We had heard that he was very good with someone close to us when going through childhood cancer that so we were excited about our referral for our own child. But every time I leave the office, I feel frustrated. I feel like he is condescending, doesn't believe what I am saying and is fairly arrogant. I want to like him, I really do; but it is difficult. I feel like he has good knowledge about illnesses but has no time, patience or understanding about stuff like autism, FASD and ADHD etc. We have traumatized adopted children... they come from difficult backgrounds. When trying to get a referral for more testing to diagnose our suspicions regarding FASD and Autism; he eluded to the fact that our children will grow out of it. He also made a south shore vs. North shore statement. He said we were expecting South shore behaviours and abilities out of North Shore kids. I was nothing short of appalled. I had to fight for the referral.... and oh look at that. We have diagnosis of all the things we suspected. Overall, in the ER I would trust him to take pretty good care of my child if I didn't have another choice; but I don't look forward to working with him in the future.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

It was about 2 hours each appt from my appt time until I left the office. Dr Smith was never very clear about what was wrong with me. The last appt I had he asked me why I was there.....he had the appt set up for results of blood work and X-rays that he had ordered. He then informed me that I didn't belong there. I don't understand why he had me coming back for four times if I didn't belong there. The way I feel is it was all a joke!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Dr. Trent H. SMITH's Credentials

• Hindi

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)