Ratings for Dr. Walter W. Chien

He is an excellent doctor. Very caring and very smart. He was obviously well read as he knew all the latest data. He was able to explain everything in laymens term, which was very helpful. I definitely would recommend him and think the Central Valley is lucky to have such a well-educated, compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

I went to this doctor when my ins. wouldn't dish out the cash for my surgery @ 1 of the top cardio surgery centers on the W coast and if he had only said my case was 2 complicated 4 him-which it was-this whole mess could've been avoided. Not only had he never done a procedure like this- ever! -but he ignored the specialist's direction on HOW to do it, making the entire surgery a failure. Also, I have circumstances that make after-care precarious at best. Being aware of this, and being a doctor that has no real knowledge of pain management, he should have put someone else in charge of my case post-surgery, but not only did he not do this, he left the hospital and couldn't be reached for over 3hrs as I lay screaming my head off, delirious in pain while nurses could do nothing to help me w/o dr's orders. Next day the hospital was tripping over itself trying to avoid a lawsuit. My advise where Dr. Chien is involved: if your case is standard and run-of-the-mill ur A-OK but if not: RUN AWAY.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Dr. Walter W. Chien's Credentials

• Washington Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63110 (Grad. 1984)

Delta Dental