Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Santiesteban

Almost a year ago I went in for my yearly. I had been to him for at least 3 of these in the past. At my last visit I shared some personal information that I thought was supposed to be shared with my dr and his medical assistants. Not only did I hear the medical assistant talking in the hallway, from my closed room, about my past situations. Every precious appointment the most I paid for a visit was $60 in this particular appointment I was so negatively judged by the dr and his staff that apparently the rate increased to $140. I left feeling completely embarassed, judged and punished. I will forever feel the embarrassment from overhearing them talking about me, and wonder what other patients heard them as well. I should have taken action earlier.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

about a year ago i went to this doctor because i was working out regularly and was having trouble losing weight & was concerned that it could be a health issue, he basically just wrote off my problems and told me to stop eating dinner and start drinking protein shakes instead. i just didn't feel like he gave me the time of day or that he really cared about what was going on. i would not recommend a woman to go to him, he was very insensitive and treated my visit as if it were a joke.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I went to this doctor to find out what was going on with my health. Turned out to be a thyroid issue. On my very first visit he gave me a breast exam without warning and without a female nurse in the room. Very awkward. This doctor has no manners and is very arrogant . I would not send my dog to him .

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Went for an umbilical hernia, spent the majority of the time during the examination pitching me jenny craig and expensive meal supplements and how my obesity is my fault and eating three meals a day is the way to fix it. Completely belittled me for having a nonconventional work schedule and found it hypocritical for him to ridicule and degrade people with obesity when he himself is overweight. He spent approximately 5 minutes of the hour and a half being there on my actual hernia and then told me he would give me a name for a surgeon but never explained what I should do about the pain or who the doctor was. Then he prescribed me procedures I did not want or need at the time and spent more of his energy on that rather than the reason I needed medical care. I will be transferring my medical file out of there as soon as possible. All he seems to care about is the bottom dollar. The other staff were helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

I have gone to this doctor for over 20 years. Just stopped going recently because his office manager is awful. I scheduled an appointment, which they lost and told me I would have to come back. The officer manager was not apologetic and got an attitude with me, even though it was her that scheduled the appointment. Every time I go there i wait 2 hours to be seen. Have had many visits where I left with unanswered questions.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Have known this doc for years and he is very forthright and open about dicussing my conditions.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

we made an appointment and showed up on time. We told them at the counter that we did not have insurance but were fine with paying cash for the visit. After sitting in the waiting room for a while they sent someone out to talk with us. She proceeded to tell us that she doesn't think we should go in for our visit without insurance and gave us a list of other places that we should go to instead. There was a felling of condescension in the conversation, like we were not good enough to be a patient there.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Went to office for abdominal pain...ran only a urine test, which could not determine what was going on. I called office because the results said nothing, and told them my pain had gotten worse and was told that the dr could not see me for 11 days. I asked to talk to the doctor to discuss the results and follow-up tests that were needed. According to office staff, he is too busy to discuss the results with me. Any follow up tests would have to be scheduled in the office. The office staff does not know how to fax a script to Quest Diagnostics for blood work.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

Dr. Joseph A. Santiesteban's Credentials

• Univ Cetec, Sch Of Med, Santo Domingo, Dom Rep (Closed 1984) (Grad. 1981)