Ratings for Dr. Rosalind L. Heiko

Dr. Roz has been seeing my son on and off for the last 3 years and I can honestly say that she is an amazing therapist who has a special way with kids. My son has struggled with issues resulting from our divorce and she has been instrumental in helping him work through them and thrive. I have never had a problem making an appointment or communicating with her to get updates and she is always kind and responsive. A++++

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr. Heiko is very kind, compassionate, and caring, and knowledgeable. She is a great listener and when she is with you, her full attention is yours.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

My daughter started seeing Dr. Roz around age 5 during my divorce. She is now 15 and a thriving high school freshman. Here is her own personal review: 'I have been going to Dr. Roz off and on since I was a small child. As a kid, with my parents going through a divorce, Dr. Roz was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. She gave me a safe place to talk about my life or when I was little to just play if I wanted to. She made me feel safe and validated and that my voice and opinion mattered. Which is really hard as a kid, especially while my two separate families continued to grow and change. I got very good solid advice from Dr. Roz and I feel like the way she treated me and the way she helped me understand why people treated me a certain way, has been instrumental in me growing up into who I am today. I trust Dr. Roz and believe in her ability. I recommend her highly.'

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I have been visiting Dr. Heiko for several years and have always found her to be very caring and compassionate. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Dr. Roz Heiko is an extraordinary child therapist. She connects with children, creating real relationships instead of simply reducing children to diagnostic codes. She invests in her patients, which the kids feel. Walking into her office, a child knows he is safe and cherished. Her compassion creates the foundation for healing and growth. My son made tremendous progress working with Dr. Heiko. After seeing numerous therapists who were quick with diagnostic codes and shared the one-size-fits-all approach to therapy, my child was understandably cynical about meeting yet another therapist. Dr. Heiko met him where he was emotionally. She respected his unique needs and personality. That ability to connect with my son, on his terms, and validate his needs created a safe space. He was able to start the healing process the day he met Dr. Heiko. My son suffered a series of traumatic events resulting in PTSD and anxiety. Dr. Heiko immediately recognized the diagnoses but she treated him as an individual with PTSD and anxiety. Far too many therapists treat kids based on only their diagnoses instead of respecting their unique personality and individual needs. My son’s sessions with Dr. Heiko changed his life. When we met Dr. Heiko, my son was so shut down that hospitalization was a very real possibility. As he worked with Dr. Heiko, the healing was evident and the need for in-patient care became less and less of a likelihood. Dr. Heiko offered me regular updates about where my son was emotionally and how to support his healing. The treatment plan was organic, just like my child’s progress. His healing wasn’t something I could graph on a straight upward trajectory. He made progress and retreated, reaching forward and snapping back. As I learned, that is true for most any patient. Dr. Heiko’s patience, intuition, expertise, professionalism and kindness made the difference for my son. As I would become frustrated when he seemed to regress, she would help me understand that his unique path was what he needed to travel to heal. The extraordinary life my son has now and what he can achieve moving forward is a tribute to his work with Dr. Heiko. That is not to say my son no longer has PTSD and anxiety. He lives with those challenges every day. Through his therapy with Dr. Heiko, he is able to manage his conditions. His diagnoses don’t define him. Dr. Heiko is so modest. She won’t accept the credit for being a catalyst for the positive changes in my son’s life. She tells me that he did the hard work and credits me as a parent. I’ll accept the praise for my son and myself but I know that without her in my son’s life, he would be living in a much smaller, sadder world. Dr. Heiko helped my son in such extraordinary ways, I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Roz Heiko is one of the absolutely best therapists in this area for children. I am an occupational therapist who works with children & I always have her on the top of my list if a child needs a referral to a psychologist. She is wise, gentle, compassionate, and has a wonderful sense of humor.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Dr. Heiko worked with my son through an acute bullying situation at his school that was toxic to him. I had tried two other therapists who could not help him cope with this situation. The play therapy that Dr. Heiko was just what my son needed to help him work through his issues and to trust people again. Her recommendations and updates were regular with my husband and me, while we could see the biggest difference in our son within a short period of time. I found Dr. Heiko to be accessible to our family during this time. Though Dr. Heiko's reception and intake of patients is a bit less technologic than many of the high volume high practice offices, her experience spans over 25 years of studying this sort of therapy that is proven to be beneficial to many children, my son included. Her calming way and flexibility in working with our son's quirks were exceptionally professional and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

Dr. Heiko worked with my daughter years ago and helped me understand how to help her when she was struggling. I had no communication issues described below. I am now working with kids in the mental health field and I have begun to consult with her as I value her expertise. I find her professional opinion and knowledge of child development extremely helpful. She was, and still is, a compassionate and caring professional.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

I agree with the previous poster!! Unless you have insurance you can forget about getting a medical diagnosis for your child. Heiko will just keep treating your kid with no end or treatment goals in sight. After nearly a year of "treatment" with no improvement in his issues, I asked my son what they talk about/do in therapy and he says she lets him play with her toys and figurines (she has an entire room full of them) and she rarely talks to him. I understand behavioral observation but this was ridiculous. She went months without proactively updating me about my sons treatment progress and then after leaving many messages to speak with Heiko about his progress I received a call from her assistant telling me that Heiko would only agree to speak to me if I "made an appointment"! Really? You want me to pay for a progress update?? That was the last straw. If you want to reach Heiko directly, forget it, she has NO email, NO fax and you have to go through her 'assistant' or leave a voice message if you hope to reach her. Her accessibility level is less than zero. She is very rigid in her views (she's always right and smarter than you) and if you fall behind on payments, good luck. She seems to be all about scheduling as many sessions as possible and for as long as she can with no real diagnosis or plan for ending therapy...that is until you run out of money! Stay away!!!!

Submitted June 24, 2015

Outside of scheduled appointments, Dr. Heiko will only communicate with patients through an assistant. Provides NO EMAIL or FAX, and will make herself available to you directly unless she is paid, even over the phone, if you are lucky enough to get a callback from her. Bills for sessions that didn't occur. Very unprofessional and borders on unethical.

Submitted October 28, 2014