Ratings for Dr. Alden L. Stock

Dr. Stock is very knowledgable and was very helpful! I have had reoccurring tonsillitis and strep throat. He put my mind at ease and I'm getting my tonsils out in 2 weeks!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

I saw dr.stock because I was having an onset of vertigo. He dx me with BPPV and performed the Epley maneuver and now I'm in worse shape than before my visit. I called the office when I became ill. He called me back and said maybe he was wrong and that I have labrythitis. Now I have to take meclizine for 7 days 3x a day. I pray this clears up because I cannot function.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

He is a good antibiotics doctor and a has a good demeanor. Had what he thought was a syst and attempted to surgerically remove it. It ended up being thyroid cancer and he unknowingly removed half of my parathyroid by accident. To do it over again a biopsy should have been taken with the appropriate method. He is overall an ok doctor but by no means a surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Went in to have nasal polyps removed and brain tissue was cut and spinal fluid was leaking which resulted in another surgery to repair and a week's hospitalization

flag | Submitted July 29, 2008

Dr. Stock is a wonderful doctor - I have known him since I was a child, since i had several ear infections. He was also the doctor that suspected my father had throat cancer and referred him to an oncologist, he did have cancer and started treatment.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

I was completely unimpressed with Dr. Stock's level of care and attention. I had a salivary stone that needed to come out and he kept putting it off until it created a complete block of my saliva gland, causing a staph infection in my face and head. Ultimately i need to be hospitalized with intravenous antibiotics and have my entire salivary gland removed. This was totally unneccessary. I would not recommend him to anyone. Golf seemed to be more important that seeing patients in acute need.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2006

Dr Stock is very helpful and kind. I was expecting the worst when I got my tonsills out, however was back at work within 3 days. This is unheard of. I had very minimal pain. I'm so happy Dr. Stock was my dr and took good care of me.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2006

Dr. Alden L. Stock's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1977)