Ratings for Dr. Normund J. Akots

He's kind of serious, but seemed to know his stuff, knows about TBI and listens well and ask questions that help you to realize things on your own. I plan to go back for another visit so he can get to know me even better and my stressors-then see on as needed basis after that.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Great Doctor, he has helped me with many issues from dealing with my pain to helping cope with the insurance companies. He doesn't try and throw narcotics at me and has helped with getting me and my main doctor together to get the right NONE NARCITIC medications.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2014

I see him for pain management issues and he is excellent. We are working on REDUCING medications, not increasing. His alternatives to medications, hypnosis, meditation, takes a commitment from the patient and it works. Too easy to go back to the Dr. and ask for more pain meds. If you are committed, it works.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

This guy doesn't know what he is talking about. I went to him quite a few times before it became clear that he had nothing at all to offer which is sad because I am sure he is getting a lot of money from really sick people. He claimed that he had a bunch of alternative methods for helping with pain but when I pinned him down after many sessions he finally just told me to go back to my doctor and ask for more narcotics. Very unfortunate for me, after paying a lot of money and spending nearly six months of sessions.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010