Ratings for Dr. Reewen C. D'Souza

No words can explain how upset I am about this Dr. D'Souza. My dad just had a stroke last week, bleeding in the brain stem.. nothing has been the same. He went from being a very independent man who builds things with his own two hands, to limping and using a walker. The doctor takes a quick look at him, doesnt even want to touch him, and says he doesn't need care. My dad's quality of life literally went from a 10 to 2 on a scale of self awareness and health.. depression, angst, anger.. constant nausea.... and the Doctor (first time meeting my dad) says "he is okay, doesn't need the care." My mom was trying to just get him to sign a FMLA form for her to stay home and care for him for a couple of weeks while we search for someone who can take over. I should also add that, before my dad was discharged from the hospital, they asked my mom if she was able to watch him around the clock because he is going to need the supervision. Now we have to put my dad in the stress of finding another PCP because this Dr. D'Souza has an ice cold personality and does not even care about his patient.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

I do not recommend him if you are looking for a doctor who will care about you. He does not allow you to bring your drinks including your water bottle to the examining room because he thinks drinking a beverage while listening to him is distracting. Secondly you make sure your phone is off when you are in the room with him. If the phone rings, he will leave the room. I was appalled when I found out that he placed a ban on me so that I cannot see any other doctors at Portland Clinic just because I expressed a disagreement regarding his opinion regarding a treatment plan. I should have listened to the representative who encourages to choose a different doctor for my primary care physician.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Dr. Reewen C. D'Souza would not provide routine blood testing (lipid panel, PSA, Vitamin D) for my annual physical. Recommend you select a different doctor. Staff at Oregon Clinic - Beaverton were not helpful, seemed to be trying to reduce costs, definitely blocking access to care. Recommend you select a different medical home.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Saw him for a few years but was never very happy. He isn't very kind/warm. I left my final appointment with him in tears from his terrible patient/physician manners and words used. Would never go back!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

The 45 minute wait AFTER my scheduled appointment time wasn't even what bothered me about this appointment. I finally got in, spoke to the doctor for 10 minutes and that was it. Which would have been fine had he actually helped me. I recently went camping and came back with a tick bite! I called scheduling to make an appointment to get my blood drawn so that I can be tested for lyme disease. Why they made me meet with a doctor, I don't know. And when I met with him, he pretty much laughed at me! He said that it isn't common on the west coast and that if I have to see it for myself then he supposes that he can request blood work for me. In the notes of my appointment online he even wrote that his method to resolve me coming in for a tick bite is "Reassurance". What the f**k kind of doctor says that "reassurance" is the method in which to treat me? Also noted that to ease my "anxiety", he'll let me have a blood test. My own manager that I work with, grew up in Oregon, here...on the west coast...and got a tick bite as a child... and what happened? Oh, he got lyme disease. I told the doctor this, he didn't care. I also was explaining how my entire arm and side of my body that I was bit on was in so much pain and tender the day of and several days following.. he interrupted me when explaining this and asked a pointless question.. and of course, in the notes online for our appointment he says that I said I had NO pain! He is a crock.. I swear that he looked up lyme disease and tick bites on Wikipedia before he came into the room.. Now that I think about it though, Wikipedia provided much more than he did, so maybe not!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I found Dr. D'Souza to be a kind and caring individual who is interested in the health and wellbeing of his patients. He takes time to engage in conversation to get a better understanding of who his patient is and how they approach their own health care.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

First, D'Souza was 45 minutes late to my appt, he had me walk across the room naked, bend over, even odder he made statements about concentration camps regarding weight loss. Then he did not provide me with the referrals I needed. He is not a good doctor, I would recommend him to my worse enemy, women or people of Jewish faith.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Clear communicator who listens to me and gives practical advice. He is very direct in his communication style, which I appreciate. He also explains why he has come to specific conclusions, the reasons behind his recommendations, etc. Very professional, and on time.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

The staff is great Dr. Reewen is a pompous Dr. who doesn't listen and thinks he knows everything about you in 5 minutes and then he will start judging you. He never smiles. He has no personality. And he honestly makes you feel like he does NOT care about you . You are an annoyance of his day that he has to get through to go to his next victim. One of the worst Doctors I have ever had in my entire life. And I am over 40 years old. Also, if you miss an appointment and can't call to cancel, be prepared to pay 125.00 fee ! That is asinine ! And they will not waive it either. I thought this was absurd as most other places might charge around $30.00. It also took 2 days for him to refill a prescription that I was out of that I needed. That was the last straw before I opted out. Just trying to help someone who might be looking for a good Doctor. Dr. D'Souza is not it.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013