Ratings for Dr. Navera R. Ahmed

Dr cancelled 3 appointments b/c she was away on travel. Poor bedside manner, rude, dismissive, patronizing, has a I can't be bothered attitude. Get a new MD fast & save yourself some grief.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

I cannot attest to Dr. Ahmed's knowledge as she did not show any. In addition, she was cold, rude, and utterly unprofessional. She seemed to fabricate a diagnosis with no evidence and clearly had no interest in hearing from myself as the patient. She became dismissive and condescending when questioned. I found her approach very questionable. Her office staff were equally difficult.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Dr Ahmed needs to find another profession. I am a nurse and know the proper way someone should be treated. She is rude, abrasive, argumentative. Save yourself trouble and find another doctor. She is laughable to say the least.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I found Dr. Ahmed's demeanor to be unprofessional and downright rude. When I tried to ask questions, she cut me off. I went to her twice thinking maybe she had a bad day. No. I had the same experience. I found Dr. Susan Lacks and am very pleased.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr. Ahmed is one of the rudest doctors I have ever been to! She barely shook my hand when introduced. She didn't even look at me when I explained my symptoms, and barely touched me during my exam. She was very argumentative. She cut me off at every sentence and was extremely condescending. My first visit with her is my LAST!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

It has been several years since I saw Dr. Ahmed, but the way she treated me when I first got sick has haunted me for years, to the detriment of my health. I cry and have panic attacks when I have to see a new doctor because I think about her. I have many chronic conditions, so seeing a lot of doctors is important. I was a mere 23 years old when she verbally and physically abused me during an exam. She yelled at me while she pulled on every joint in my body. I was crying and yelling for her to stop, but all she said was that I had hyper mobile joints. The hyper mobile joints, that I've had my whole life, were obviously not the issue. I later went to another doctor where I was diagnosed with my underlying condition, but the abuse that I received from her has damaged me for years.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr.Navera ordered extensive lab tests when I went to see her with my health issues. I was happy to hear from the person who drew my blood & said “she always orders extensive tests since she does not want to leave a stone unturned “ The next visit was to discuss the results and I was surprised & shocked how dismissive she was.She took no more than 5 minutes to tell me the diagnoses, Rheumatoid Arthritis& Sjögren. She handed me a prescription for steroids & said to see her in 6 weeks.I found her behavior unprofessional and alarming. I transferred my lab results to different Rheumatologist who agreed with her diagnoses but not her treatment.Steroid treatment should be the last resort. I have been on other medication for the past 10 month my recent blood work for the Sjögren diagnoses looks promising. Rheumatoid Arthritis – I feel 90% better! I want to write this because I care and think we sometimes feel so sick that its hard to think -If you can go for that second opinion, please do

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

My complaints are mainly with Dr. Ahmed’s office staff. They are RUDE and incompetent. Don’t bother leaving a message because 90% of the time they will not return your call. If you are concerned about your credit BE AWARE of Dr. Ahmed’s billing. We paid after receiving our bill and were shocked to see a second notice. We called and sent in an additional check. After several follow-up calls, they cashed BOTH checks. We called again and were told the amount would be credited to our account. I could go on but the final straw was when Dr. Ahmed needed to cancel my appointment so I called to get a prescription sent. On day 10, I was fed up and left a more forceful follow-up request. The next morning I did receive a call where the office staff took no responsibility. I asked what I was to do because I was OUT OF MY MEDICATION. Dr. Ahmed BLAMED me for not calling two weeks in advance! As a consumer, there must be a doctor with a kinder, gentler and more competent office staff.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Dr. Ahmed and her front office staff, especially the older gal with short hair, are very cold. Not the type of environment you want to be in after you've been told you have Lupus. Each time I saw her she would rush through our appts and even told me to look stuff up on the internet if I was concerned. I would have labs done every 2-3 months and she NEVER ONCE called me to discuss. No news is good news is her policy. I would call 2-3 times to find out my results and would not receive a phone call back. It would be until my next appointment that I was told everything was "fine"-unacceptable! I have called their office several times for refills on my medication and they did not refill it when I needed. My success was calling during non-office hours, getting the on-call dr and having them call in my meds. They too mentioned they spend most their time dealing with her patients because of the pure laziness of their staff. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! Find a doc who actually cares. She does not.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

I initially saw Dr. Ahmed after my GP told me that I might have lupus. She was dismissive and simply told me which other specialists to see for each of my symptoms. She had no intention of treating me any further. When I went back a second time, due to the severe pain that my fibromyalgia was causing, she berated her nurse in front of me for calling me back before the scheduled patient, since I was a work-in. I was appalled. Again, she did not help me.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012