Ratings for Dr. Holly Avriette

Terrible Dr. Do not go here if you are in any sort of emotional distress or pain. My father died and I lost my job in the same week, and I was emotional and depressed. She was rude, uncaring, and actually said to me, "Well, what do you expect? To be happy all the time?" I did not all the time, but a majority of time. But right now I just would like to be able to come out of my depression and be happy again at least some of the time. She said that was unrealistic, and that happiness should not be a goal. I completely disagree, and so does the therapist I ultimately found who helped me to cope and experience happiness and joy again. Please do not go to Dr. Avriette.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

MY experience with this therapist is that she causes more pain than she relieves. She is unprofessional and unethical and in no way represents a helping relationship. Watch your finances as it was a regular practice to bill my insurance and demand full cash payment at time of service. Would not provide a receipt for cash and would not provide billing statement.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

I was looking forward to getting help with our marriage. Dr. Avriette was blunt, critical and harsh. She simply pointed out flaws in my without offering helpful strategies to improving our marriage. My husband and I remain distant. We no longer see Dr. Avriette. On a side note, she used to have her dog in our sessions. He smelled and one time he threw up while we were there. This is supposed to be a doctor's office. I'm sure Dr. Avriette thought that a pet would bring happiness to the office, but it was just a distraction.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

When it comes to psychotherapy I am one who needs a firm hand. Dr. Avriette is very direct, honest and excellent in mirroring my thoughts and feelings. I have been under her care for several years as I have had many ups and downs and a complicated medical history. Dr. Avriette has been there every step of the way, showing that she cares for my welfare. She is punctual in returning phone calls and has made time in her schedule when I have felt more anxious. She is very well read and makes excellent reading references to assist in behavior modification and my own homework so to speak. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who is ready to attack their problems head on and moving forward to the betterment of their lives. Thank you Dr. Avriette!!

Submitted June 27, 2012

I have had a positive experience with Dr. Avriette. She is professional and committed to the welfare of her patients. As a patient of Dr. Avriette for over a year I have found her to be consistent and often very accurate with her observations/feedback. Her feedback is honest and direct. She returns telephone calls and has consistently made herself available during times of heightened anxiety or a sense of urgency to be seen.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2012

Dr. Avriette is tough but extremely helpful. She tells you how it is instead of being sympathetic which often comes across as intimidating. This approach may not be the best for everyone but it worked for me. I needed someone to open my eyes to what was "wrong" with my behavior and she helped me find solutions on how to improve my behavior and relationships. I owe everything to her. She truly helped me and gave me the confidence I needed to start over. I feel like she really listened to me and gave me great advice.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2011

Dr. Holly Avriette is very direct and helpful in getting to the heart of matters quickly. Her ability in dealing with the courts is impressive in custody situations. She cares about people and is not part of the court system trio that fleeces you of monies and parental rights. Her goal is always for the children. Dr. Holly Avriette points out difficulties and makes suggestions on how to improve your situation while giving you helpful tips to navigate the mines that are inerrant in a court custody battle. Her guidance is hands on with easy to follow examples. She does not mince words or hide details you need to hear. She uses her knowledge to help and educate while leading you toward a positive rewarding life for you and your children.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

TI would venture to say that the most narcissistic person in this doctor's (and I use the term loosely) is Dr.Avriette. She does not return phone calls or take cancellations by phone.I can truthfully say that she is blunt and rude rather than forthright... most people with average intelligence can tell the difference. I found her to be disrespectful, inattentive and disorganized. Her acerbic manner made it impossible for me to find any comfort zone in speaking with her. One should not confuse being direct with being controlling and unwilling to listen to any other viewpoint other than her own. If a person wishes to be controlled (my way or the highway) this is the doctor for you. I would say that she is confident. and seems most to like the sound of her own voice. Not a listener by any means, and not for anyone wishing to take the time for self discovery.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

You have to wonder if this doctor is writing her own reviews to up her score. The language is similar in all the 5 out of 5 reviews (sounds like psychology talk) and some of them are written within days of each other. Also, why does this doctor have so many reviews on a website where there are usually 3 reviews at most per doctor. Somebody tooting their own horn, perhaps? Notice how these reviews all go into great detail about who this doctor is, and about their "self-realization" journeys. Weird. I've never been to her, I'm just saying...

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

the doctor was very helpful to me and my family.however very narcissitic people probably wont like her no nonsense and direct approach to personal problems.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009