Ratings for Dr. Caroline C. Augustyn

Very fine doctor that do the best she can. Very busy office and staff can handle things effectively and swiftly. I salute this office!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2011

She did take on this mothering role, telling me that because I was young, I embodied our future generation; therefore, my health should be a priority. Which was cool, I had no problem with that. She diagnosed and explained to me the causes of my random chest pain. However, I felt like she over prescribed me things--most of which did not help, I had like five prescriptions! When I tried calling her to tell her nothing was working, she seemed like she got annoyed saying "look i've prescribed you medicine, diagnosed you, what more can i do to make you feel better?". well obviously the medicine was not working. Her impatience does not help with the fact that I'm sick and in pain all the time. She then tried to blame the cause on a previous sports injury i had no knowledge of. I didn't need to know the cause, I needed to know how to get better. i cried after feeling hopeless, like i would never get better. overall i do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

She is no nonsense, very insightful, doesn't order tests you don't need.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2009

From my experience, I found this Doctor is by far the worst that I have seen. She demonstrated to me, that she has not mastered the art of listening and was far from being a caring health care provider to me. It's sad to think that small medical guestions seem to have agravated her. It was as if I were being timed, and the bell went off in the middle of my appointment. I will no longer see Dr. A.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

First off Louise, her nurse is fabulous. But, as you can see from other raters she is very inconsistent. This recently nearly cost me my life. She prescribed a medication that I reacted horribly to, and actually yelled at me when she was contacted on a Sunday to respond to a medication question. She prescribed another med that my pharmacist refused to give me because w/ my asthma it could have killed me. I am lucky to have a wonderful pharmacist. Her errors and refusal to listen to me have caused me to miss two + weeks of work and suffer severe painful reactions. I do think she is intelligent, but either does not have the time or the patience to use this intelligence effectively. I am currently seeking legal consult. AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COST!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2008

This doctor is terrible. Very rude and does not spends time with patients.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2007

She was running very late the one time that I saw her - about 45 minutes. Her staff warned me to show up on time when I made the appointment. After my exam I asked her a few questions and she got flustered and said something along the lines of "this is why I run late", as if taking an interest in my health and asking a question was an annoyance to her. I had my test results mailed to me. When they came in I had a question about one of the results. So I called and her staff arrange a time for her to call me back. When she did (to her credit) there wasn't even a cursory "how are you feeling?" but a "I don't have much time". So i asked my question and again she got annoyed and said "I already interpreted the results for you". When I persisted that I had a question about her interpretation (not questioning the interpretation, but just what it meant) she gave a terse answer and told me she had to go. Overall, I was very dissatisfied. I get the impression that she doesn't like what she does.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2007

I had a very distressing experince going to this Doctor. She sent me for a routine blood test at a Mills Peninsula lab. The blood test cost nearly $1,000, of which I had to pay $800 after insurance adjustments. I priced the blood tests at other labs, and they came in at the usual $80 level. While it is clearly Mills Peninsula who is responsible for what they charge, I asked Dr Augustyn why she sent us to Mills and not another lab. She claimed she didn't know that Mills charged many times what other labs charged. However, a person in her office had told me that they get complaints about this all the time. In discussions with Dr Augustyn about this subject she became very defensive and argumentative - not the sort of person I want as a Doctor. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

I have had no problems with her bedside manner. She takes her time to check me out and answer my questions, and does not rush me out the door. All in all, I've been with her 1-1/2 years and I've never had a bad experience. Although her staff at the front desk does have one very rude clerk, but the other ones and the RN's there are nice.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

WAY too long waiting - NEVER seen at scheduled time. But she is a very good doctor, gives good advice, referrals & prescriptions. I'vebeen with her for a year now, & I will stay. She's "WORTH THE WAIT".

flag | Submitted May 9, 2007

Dr. Caroline C. Augustyn's Credentials

• Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Denver Co 80262 (Grad. 1981)

MB Health