Ratings for Dr. Darcy J. Hansen

Horrible experience with the staff. I had an issue with billing that I spoke to the office manager about. She was very defensive from the beginning of the phone, cutting off and interrupting everything I said, and in the end she actually hung up on me. I will not be going back to this office and would not recommend going. The customer service is awful, long wait times, and dealing with them on the phone is absolute mess.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Dr. Hansen's office is an absolute disappointment. I made an appointment a week ago to be a new patient - this was for a physical/annual appointment. Dr. Hansen was recommended by a friend and despite reviews and what my friend said about her front office/reception - from all accounts it sounds like Dr. Hansen is a great doctor. Unfortunately, her reception office is abominable. In trying to make my appointment, i was repeatedly told I would have to see the RN. I love a good RN like the rest of us (in fact I have close family members who are RNs) but as a new patient, I want to meet and talk with Dr. Hansen. They finally agreed but it took two conversations. The next day, they left a message cancelling my appointment saying that Dr. Hansen will now be out of hte office on that day. I called back, was put on hold for 10 minutes and finally rescheduled. Minor inconvenience - up to this point, not a big deal but indicative of previous reviews. However, yesterday my fiance found a growth that is very concerning. I called this morning to ask that they see him instead of me. A reasonable request I think considering I was a new patient and would just reschedule for a later date. I was first put on hold for 15 minutes. After waiting and be putting on hold twice, Marcia answered. I explained the situation and Marcia cut me off mid-sentence and put me on hold again. She came back on and said absolutely not, it is office policy that a new patient must make an appointment a week out. I explained that I was a new patient as well but wanted to give my appointment to him since we discovered an abnormally large growth and need a doctor to see it. After she cut me off again, I asked to speak with the office manager to explain the situation again and to clarify the situation. Donna, was abrasive and rude immediatly. She took no time to listen and said exceptions cannot be made. While I explained that this is a unique situation, that I am very much looking forward to being a new patient with Dr. Hansen and that I understand the general policy, no doubt in a profession dedicated to providing healthcare to people - this would make sense and that indeed, she can choose to make an exception. She cut me off repeatedly, was defensive and ultimately hung up on me. Dr. Hansen - I hope you read your yelp reviews and realize that your front office is doing a disservice not only to you but to your patients. It is a total shame that your office is not caring for people in a spirit of best practices, empathy and frankly basic bedside manners and people skills.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Staff is repeatedly and often rude. Paperwork gets lost. Wait times are nearly always more than an hour (budget 3-4 hours for an appointment). She requires appointments every six months to renew routine maintenance prescriptions; the only purpose of these appointments is to bill the insurance company for a few more bucks. That might be more tolerable if wait times were not so extreme... The doctor is kind and amiable, but the practice is a total mess.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2014

Initially Dr. Hansen and her staff provided adequate care for both me and my wife. The last couple of visits, however, have been deplorable and down right unprofessional, causing us to look for a new doctor. Her staff has been incompetent at providing the most basic of assistance, from refilling prescriptions to simply answering the phone and calling back promptly with answers to simple questions. The straw that broke the camel's back was an early morning appointment my wife had recently where she could not get into the office and was told first that it was closed. She then called the office phone and was told rudely by Dr. Hansen herself (she answered the phone this early for some reason) that the office was open and that she was late for her appointment. Very unfortunate.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

New to town and got an appointment promptly for an acute problem. Went back for a physical and found Dr. Hansen was attentive and thorough. Happy to have found her. Staff was helpful.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2009

Dr. Hansen is great she reminds me of the old TV Dr. Marcus Welby. I have not complaints about Dr. Hansen is very attentive, I foudu her to be very knowledgeable, helpful and a good listerner. She makes you fell that she very much cares about her patients. When there was an issue with one of my test result I received a phone call from her office to let me know that I need addition testing and follow-up. I always received follo-up noted from Dr. hansen with my test results with any recommendations.I have very little dealings with her staff, however I have some interaction with the appointment scheduler Eric. I like him he has always been friendly, respectful and helpful to me.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

I agree with the person who posted about her office dropping the insurance plan and not notifying the patients. It's simple common courtesy to do that. The staff is incompetent and lazy. The doctor does not try to get to the root of the problem, but instead gives you a prescription BEFORE she even knows what's whong with you. Every time I raised some kind of a concern about a symptom (headache, allergies, etc.) she would give me a prescription for sometimes very potent stuff BEFORE doing any investigation/testing into what was really causing the symptom. Not a true doctor, just a pill pusher.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2009

When a doctor decides to stop participating with your insurance, she should notify you. In my case, she was my doctor for several years. One day I had a medical problem and called for an appt, only to be told she no longer took my insurance and wouldn't see me or refer me to someone else. When you have a medical issue, that is not the time to start searching for a new doctor! Providing some notice would have been the professional thing to do. When my eye doctor stopped taking my insurance, I received notification two months in advance telling me the date my plan would be dropped and how to get copies of my records. Also, I once waited over a half hour for my appt when there were no other patients there - turned out she was chatting with a drug rep. the whole time!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

Dr. Hansen is great if you can get past the morons that work in her office. I understand how difficult it is to find good staff. However, like most doctors her staff have the customer service skills of a deaf mute chained to the bottom of the ocean! I think it might be worthwhile to have them take a little etiquette training, learn a few manners, and at least pretend to be helpful. Dr. Hansen's a decent doctor if you can get past the idiots! Also, her phone service is horrible and the computerized voice options are a maze to hell!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2008

I've gone to Dr. Hansen for 14 years and have no complaints about her skills as a physician. She's knowledgable, helpful and a good listener. You get the impression that she very much cares about her patients. However, her office staff is awful. I've had so many problems with her staff over the years that it's hard to count. For example, once I made an appointment when I was very sick and dragged myself over to her office, just to have her office staff say she wouldn't see me because she no longer took my insurance. When I called my plan to complain, they said she was still seeing existing patients and called her office to inform them of the problem. I now generally go to an urgent care center when I am sick and need an appointment on a short turn-around. As much as I hate to do it, I'll probably look for a new doctor to avoid the hassle.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2008

Dr. Darcy J. Hansen's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1978)

Oxford