Ratings for Dr. Luciano C. Gomez

This guy is very arrogant and not that knowledgeable. He has a big USC banner on the inside door of the exam room. This is against the rules and is unsanitary. He knows this, and childishly hides the banner when the inspectors come and later puts it back out. (One of his staff told me this.)

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

Agree with other posted comments that this doctor is arrogant, unknowledgeable, dismissive.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

This doctor is extremely condescending, especially to women. He has forced many meds ( especially anything new on the market) on me and is over-zealous about pharmacology treatments. He is rude and questions any outside reading I have done regarding my own illness. He refused to run blood test checking my daughter's hypothyroidism because she was only "borderline" and once she found an outside specialist it turns out she does have it. She has PCOS and has just had her on one form of birth control to treat it, instead of looking at other factors. And you get all of 2 minutes before he walks out. His staff will has called multiple times to reschedule and when we have tried to see him, his availability is extremely limited. His arrogance is unbelievable. He has just gotten worse over time. We've been patients of his for years and have finally switched doctors for someone who is respectful and listens and offers alternatives other than medications as the ultimate solution.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

I have found Dr. Gomez to be helpful, friendly and seems to be genuinely concerned for the patient's well being. He was very pro-active in treating my hyper tension immediately getting it under control while he searched for the causes. He has called my home to check in on me a few times and is very quick to respond to messages I've left for him. He discovered my severe sleep apnea and now I'm sleeping better than I can remember. I've been a patient for probably 7-8 years and he has cancelled only one appointment and he he was very apologetic even though it was a health issue with a family member. My only complaint would be sometimes it is a 3-4 week wait when making an appointment but the one time I called and it could have been an emergency they were like get your a$$ here now. The staff has been really nice and made visits seem like no big deal. The other review may be valid but I just wanted potential patients to know I've had a long term excellent relationship with Dr. Gomez.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2009

This doctor is intent on making his patients guinea pigs to test the latest meds on the market. He is condescending, rarely is on time and blows off appointments without notice. He may be Health Care Partners idea of a good doctor, but his youth, arrogance and reliance on prescription meds to take care of every issue even the common cold and a lack of looking at history is a negative. His actions with drugs make one question if h has a deal with the drug companies. He prescribes drugs that patients can't afford and that are not covered.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Luciano C. Gomez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Commercial Insurance Company