Ratings for Dr. Peter I. Margolis

He has been my GP for 25 years and I have the money/insurance to see any doctor I choose. Cancer: I go to City of Hope. Normal stuff: Dr Margolis. He has had no problem refering.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Worst doctor I've ever been to. Kinda creepy. Made me feel very uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

I have never written an online comment but decided to after some of the negative or nasty reports. This is the first doctor I have been to that is prompt and respectful of your time. He is thorough and spends as much time as you need. He knows medicine and hones in on the diagnosis even with a plethora of symptoms. Yes, he is curt and harsh when you are not being healthy which I was taken aback by but the benefits far out way that personality trait. I recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

This Dr. is an excellent practitioner and diagnostician. (I'm writing about the Dr. Margolis on 333 S. Moorpark Road in Thousand Oaks; I think there is another Dr. in the area named Dr. Margolis.) My parents demanded the best in med. care. Dr. M has been treating Mom since she moved to T.O. in 1997. Since my Mom does not drive I would take her to see Dr. M and then pick her up. Since she has been getting frail lately my brother or I have been going in with her for the office visit. I am positive that Dr. Margolis' expertise; professionalism; follow-up; advice and abilities are why we celebrated Mom's 90th BD last June.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

It's like having a doctor from Little House on the Prairie. So old school, so lacking knowledge of the latest medical treatments and trends. Just a really outdated doctor that spends, on average, about 3 minutes with his patients. Quantity and cash seem to be the desire over quality and treating his patients.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

I have been a patient of his for over 20 years and have found him to be a very good doctor. My insurance is PPP and I choose whomever I want, I would see him even if he were out of network. The only thing lacking was his bedside manner would be a little rough some times, but this improved markedly. Some of his "crustiness" would surface when I would do things to hurt my health and surface out of frustration from caring a little too much? He even stopped by to see me on his rounds when I was in the hospital the patient of another doctor. Surprised me. He has not hesitated to refer me when necessary. He listens. He allows me my opinions. He is considerate. Does some of his own lab work (nice). Very prompt. We are not social friends and it is my first time rating anything/one on line.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

I HAD BEEN A PATIENT 4 2 EXTENDED PERIODS. 1ST PERIOD HE WAS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING, CARING DOCTORS I HAD EVER BEEN 2. I WAS ACTUALLY REALLY, REALLY UPSET WHEN I LOST MY INSURANCE & COULD NO LONGER GO 2 HIM. I HAPPILY RETURNED YEARS LATER 2 FIND SOMEONE WHO HAD COMPLETELY CHANGED & IT INCREASED OVER TIME 2 A POINT OF DISBELIEF. I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED, IF HE IS JUST BURNED OUT, OR? AT TIMES HE WAS FINE, ALMOST CARING, BUT ALWAYS SLIGHTLY ODD. IN MY CASE HE 4 SOME REASON SEEMED TO BECOME INCREASINGLY AGITATED WITH ME 2 A POINT THAT HE WAS OFTEN RUDE, INSULTING, CONDESCENDING. IT ALWAYS REALLY UPSET ME, BUT I WOULD WRITE IT OFF 2 HIS HAVING A BAD DAY OR THAT I HAD SOMEHOW DONE SOMETHING WRONG. I FELT FOR SOME TIME HE HAD ANGER MANAGEMENT ISSUES. HE WOULD BECOME VERY ANGRY WHEN I COULD NOT GIVE HIM BLACK & WHITE ANSWERS TO HIS QUESTIONS?? MY LAST VISIT HE WAS HOSTILE, THREATENING, VIOLENTLY KICKED A STOOL ACROSS THE ROOM,TOLD ME I WAS FULL OF****. I HAVE NOT RETURNED

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Very thoughtful and helpful to any situation you may have. Hones in on the problem rapidly and provides info. to correct.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2010

I first went to Dr. Margolis recommended by a retired nurse friend. I find him personable, asks and answers questions. Physical was thorough, I returned to him after I retired and not restricted to insurance company lists. My Dad was a great family Doctor to compare. A nice man. He has a sense of humor if you tap into it.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

This doctor was very strange. I was very uncomfortable in his presence. I was looking for a new doctor so I came to him with lab records. He unhooked my bra to listen to my heart and lungs - that made me feel creepy and then described to me what the consistancy of my poop should be. This doctor made me fell very uncomfortable. I never returned. Office staff was very nice.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

Dr. Peter I. Margolis's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1978)

Healthnet