Ratings for Dr. Michael Harwood

This is in reference to my husband who is not fluent in English. We have been to see Dr. Harwood a few times now. I found the nurses to be concerned about making sure my husband could understand what was happening. Taking an extra moment to give him his weight in kilograms as well as pounds. We have always been called in promptly but we tend to arrive near the appointment time as we live 40 minutes away. My receptive language is better than my ability to speak, and I lack the medical terminology in Spanish. They have had a bilingual nurse help us. The doctor does speaks quickly and tends to be doing the input to the computer while he is asking questions... but I think it is to be sure he has everything recorded and his personality to do so. The prescription and instructions he has given have helped. My husband said to give him and the staff all 10's, so 5 is the best we could do.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

He's an insurance man for sure. Office is dirty, unkempt. Misdiagnosed me twice now. Won't be seeing him anymore.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2008

Rushed in and out, didn't explain well. Seems more concerned about seeing lots of patients than with the quality of care.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Michael Harwood's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1981)