Ratings for Dr. Kevin D. Kapila

He is the best. Intelligent, genuine, and really cares about people. He is also easy on the eyes. .

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I've been a patient of Kevin's for 10+ years. He's amazing - always willing to go the extra mile for his patients. Very smart, very caring, but also willing to push you to take better care of yourself. Exactly the sort of person you want in charge of your health.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

I had a little trouble adjusting to his style after a long time with a previous psydoc, but once I got over the fact that he wasn't my old doc my opinion improved. He's a little low on the warmth factor and should avoid pontificating (inaccurately) about menopause to a middle-aged woman, but he's bright, interested, respectful, and generally well informed. Being an internist he's also helpful with purely medical stuff that's turned up just before seeing him for a meds check. I now value him greatly as a member of the team geeking out the best treatment for me. I'll get the warm and fuzzies elsewhere, which is just fine. I like him a lot.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2008

Dr. Kapila is easy to talk to, does not limit his psych appointments to meds only, works WITH therapists at Fenway, and has gone above and beyond the call of duty with me. He takes the time to check on physical as well as psychological symptoms, and works with patients to find the correct doses and medications for conditions.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Kapila was an absolute outstanding doctor. He was the only psy I have ever had who actually did something productive, and I've had a psy for over a half decade. He actually worked WITH my therapist, shocking, he bent over backwards to make appointments for me, he answered my emails. He actually spent at minimum, unless I was late, 20 minutes with me. He got to know me and only the last minute or so we talked doses. None of this in, script, and out in 5 nonsense. You actually got to here his expertise and felt like you were having a medical conversation, not placing a drug order. Would somebody with an ego complex answer emails, spend at least 20 min with patients, most of it basically a supplement to therapy? I don't think so at all. It was he who diagnosed me, set a plan, monitored it. Oh, and when he would have an extra 10 or 20 minutes, sometimes my sessions lasted over a half hour. Imagine that, a psy using extra time on his patient not on billing.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2007

Dr. Kapila is also an internist as well as a psychiatrist, which seems to feed a god complex. Very condescending, he thinks that any questioning of his wisdom is pathological.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2005

Dr. Kevin D. Kapila's Credentials

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1997)