Ratings for Dr. Kim Chen

My 14 year old daughter is pregant. she saw this so called Dr. one time and I had to move to another Dr. Bedside manner sucks, not helpful at all.She told my daughter that 50% of the downs syndrome tests come back positive, so she really put my daughter in stress mode. Last visit, have moved to another dr. Terrible practitioner!!!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

Saw her to remove skin problems on my face and eyebrow, due to strong history of malignant melanoma in my family. She removed the wrong lesion on my face, never told me about, or if what was removed was biopsied and the results. To date, this problem has not been remedied, and I have given up trying to get the problem taken care of. Worst bedside manner I have ever encountered in my 63 years. Would not recommend her to anyone! Perhaps if I had money or insurance, she would be better---but I still wouldn't go back to her!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

Dr Chens disinterested in my history, offered little feedback than what I have been told for the last 10 years about my thyroid conditions and symptoms. She then prescribed a psychotic drug with very little knowledge of its affects on someone who has no thyroid production. Her only commment to me about it was "no one complains to her about taking it". She decided after 10 minutes that all I needed was regular sleep and whatever "anxiety" I felt would disappear. My blood pressure was high for me but she did not comment on that. She prescribed trazadone, which can cause anemia, high blood pressure, anxiety, and more heart palpatations. (Already have the experience of these, and this medication exaserbated the problem.) I telephoned her to let her know about the side effects I experienced, and that these pills did not allow me to sleep as she said they would. She never returned my call. Nor did anyone else.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005