Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey P. Friedman

We all want our doctors to be smart - this one is brilliant, and with a genuine caring concern for his patients. The way he treats his patients and honors his appointments is exemplary and indicative of his attention to detail.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I’ve never written a review nor do I really read them. But, I wished I’d read patient comments before seeing Dr. Jeffrey Friedman at MHMG. I selected him because of a former mention in Castle-Connolly. Maybe, as one reviewer stated, he used to be a good doctor. He gave me an internal referral for a gynecologist in his group. When she demanded $275.00 security from Medicare patients, that I believe goes beyond Medicare contractual agreements, I said I wasn’t comfortable with their policy and left. (As I left, another Medicare patient was arguing with staff over the same payment issue.) I called Dr. Friedman, as the referring physician, to tell him about my experience. He became very angry and stated, “We’ve already been through this with our attorneys and they said it’s legal! I’m not having this conversation!” And, he hung up. Our call lasted less than a minute. I’ve never experienced such an emotional outburst and lack of emotional regulation and impulse control in a physician. His partners need to intervene before his angry outbursts puts them at high risk for malpractice.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I have no idea who these other reviewers saw, but these descriptions bare no resemblance to my Dr. Jeffrey P. Friedman. Dr. Friedman, in my experience, is the best. He is responsive, kind, caring, and personable. He has consistently taken care of me whenever I've needed an emergency appointment and has never been anything short of intensely kind. He spends as much time with me as needed and answers every question - I have never felt rushed. The many friends I have referred to him (at least 6), have thought he was terrific as well. The stories below, if true, are unquestionably awful, but, again, they have nothing to do with the doctor I have known and seen since I graduated NYU years ago and needed to find my first grown-up doctor. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Simply put, he is a gem and a mensch.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

Used to be a very good concerned doctor. As health insurance practices changed so did his attitude about medical treatment. His 3 questions per visit attitude, is both dangerous and arrogant. Too many don't worry about it's that turned out to be serious. Last one resulted in surgery. Lackadaisical attitude towards patients needs have taken this once top doctor and turned him into an angry bitter dangerous man.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Called Dr. Friedman each day with chest pain for over ten days. I was a patient for several years. His treatment was that for indigestion. When asked for a cardiogram, he said I didn't need one - it was in digestion. His actual; quote was "het over it - it's not your heart. He did not take me or my symptoms seriously. Thus, ten days later I was carried into the ER having a heart attack. Dr. friedman could not distinguish hert burn from a heart attack. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2009

The only doctor that I ever had that is always punctual. I have been a patient of his for over 15 years.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Folks - I know this practice for the time I was there. The doctors there are concerned about time and patient care. But the doctors have 15 min intervals. Alot of great doctors have left the practice due to their personal reasons. I am not knocking the group, but there are alot of things to keep in mind when selecting a doctor. Thank goodness for HIPPA. This is not the first time that I have heard about such an incident where doctors converse negatively. What OATH did they take? Shame on you, if this really did happen.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

Dr, Friedman is intelligent and senior partner at Murray Hill Medical Group. Unfortunately, he is a gossip, has great difficulty in curbing his biting remarks and has emotional deficits. Impossible to reach from Friday p.m. to Monday a.m. Covers once or twice a year and is not discriminating as to who covers for him. All in all the practices at Murray Hill mainly follow his direction and so the level of competence is irratic. The above reflects my personal experiences with both Dr. Friedman and Murray Hill Medical. Specifically, when I chose to leave Dr. Friedman's care and go outside Murray Hill Medical, the physician I had the appointment with was told things about me which were untrue and the relationship was sabotaged right from the beginning. And how did I know? The potential new physician told me. This was before Hippa became activated and so legal recourse was not available. Recommendation: Don't get involved. The group only makes internal referrals for the most part.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007

Excelent Dr, very knowledgable, very patient and listens well

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Jeffrey P. Friedman's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• Blue Cross Of California