Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey P. Friedman

I have been going to Dr. Friedman for over 20 years. He has been an excellent, caring, thoughtful, engaged doctor, and he has a great sense of humor. He has fit me every single time I have been sick and needed to come in. He returns phone calls, and he is always willing to help, and is prompt. I have never felt like a number or a payment and I feel lucky that I found him in a city that sees so many careless and uncaring people. He's always been kind and concerned for me even though I can't offer him anything other than an insurance co-pay. He's a really decent human being and a great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

Made me feel very uncomfortable and ignored several crucial elements in my medical history. My son who is a practicing internist accompanied my visit and was shocked that such details were missed. I was hoping to find a great internist but I truly felt so belittled during our brief interaction. Perhaps he is good for one acute issue but if you have any kind of medical history I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I’ve been seeing him since the mid-90’s, when he was known as the doc for the docs at NYU. He’s never kept me waiting for more than two minutes. He is compassionate, knowledgeable about your medical condition and family, and is an overall mensch. I don’t understand the negative reviews other than hypothesizing they are written by hypochondriacs or patients looking for $ from WC, disability, lawsuits etc. Doc Friedman is the one written about in the 5 star reviews. I am a doc at a competing medical center but would never consider seeing anyone else.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

We all want our doctors to be smart - this one is brilliant, and with a genuine caring concern for his patients. The way he treats his patients and honors his appointments is exemplary and indicative of his attention to detail.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

I’ve never written a review nor do I really read them. But, I wished I’d read patient comments before seeing Dr. Jeffrey Friedman at MHMG. I selected him because of a former mention in Castle-Connolly. Maybe, as one reviewer stated, he used to be a good doctor. He gave me an internal referral for a gynecologist in his group. When she demanded $275.00 security from Medicare patients, that I believe goes beyond Medicare contractual agreements, I said I wasn’t comfortable with their policy and left. (As I left, another Medicare patient was arguing with staff over the same payment issue.) I called Dr. Friedman, as the referring physician, to tell him about my experience. He became very angry and stated, “We’ve already been through this with our attorneys and they said it’s legal! I’m not having this conversation!” And, he hung up. Our call lasted less than a minute. I’ve never experienced such an emotional outburst and lack of emotional regulation and impulse control in a physician. His partners need to intervene before his angry outbursts puts them at high risk for malpractice.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I have no idea who these other reviewers saw, but these descriptions bare no resemblance to my Dr. Jeffrey P. Friedman. Dr. Friedman, in my experience, is the best. He is responsive, kind, caring, and personable. He has consistently taken care of me whenever I've needed an emergency appointment and has never been anything short of intensely kind. He spends as much time with me as needed and answers every question - I have never felt rushed. The many friends I have referred to him (at least 6), have thought he was terrific as well. The stories below, if true, are unquestionably awful, but, again, they have nothing to do with the doctor I have known and seen since I graduated NYU years ago and needed to find my first grown-up doctor. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Simply put, he is a gem and a mensch.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

Used to be a very good concerned doctor. As health insurance practices changed so did his attitude about medical treatment. His 3 questions per visit attitude, is both dangerous and arrogant. Too many don't worry about it's that turned out to be serious. Last one resulted in surgery. Lackadaisical attitude towards patients needs have taken this once top doctor and turned him into an angry bitter dangerous man.

Submitted May 8, 2013

Called Dr. Friedman each day with chest pain for over ten days. I was a patient for several years. His treatment was that for indigestion. When asked for a cardiogram, he said I didn't need one - it was in digestion. His actual; quote was "het over it - it's not your heart. He did not take me or my symptoms seriously. Thus, ten days later I was carried into the ER having a heart attack. Dr. friedman could not distinguish hert burn from a heart attack. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted November 30, 2009

The only doctor that I ever had that is always punctual. I have been a patient of his for over 15 years.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Folks - I know this practice for the time I was there. The doctors there are concerned about time and patient care. But the doctors have 15 min intervals. Alot of great doctors have left the practice due to their personal reasons. I am not knocking the group, but there are alot of things to keep in mind when selecting a doctor. Thank goodness for HIPPA. This is not the first time that I have heard about such an incident where doctors converse negatively. What OATH did they take? Shame on you, if this really did happen.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

Dr. Jeffrey P. Friedman's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)