Ratings for Dr. David W. Faling

Dr. Faling is wonderful. He takes the time to really determine the best medical care for you. I am so glad to have him as my primary care doctor.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

In my experience Dr. Faling is a competent, caring physician who follows up with his patients in a timely manner and is a good communicator. The office staff, sadly, is unhelpful, unfriendly, incompetent and an unfortunate detriment to this office.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Dr. Faling is an amazing physician. If he is running behind schedule, it is simply because he spends so much time explaining things, and talking with his patients. He picked up on the slightest discrepency on one of my blood tests (I am convinced that 9/10 doctors would have ignored it). I would recommend Dr. Faling to anyone in the South/West area~ His office staff is incredibly pleasant, they get to know you, and truly seem interested. They accommodate your personal schedule as best they can. Overall, Dr. Faling is worth the wait!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Faling has been my primary care provider ever since he took over Dr. Herschfus's practice when he retired 20 or so years ago in Sharon (before he joined the Beth Israel system and before he joined the Brigham system). He is introspective, methodical, listens well, has sent me to excellent specialists when necessary and follows up appropriately. He has always responded quickly to questions when I have emailed him in the Partners Patient Gateway website. I trust his judgment, like his relaxed manner yet attention to detail and couldn't be more satisfied with a primary care physician.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Dr Faling is a really nice guy. However, when my wife went to him complaining of fatigue and memory loss, his advice to her was to eat more. It turned out she had Lyme Disease. In his defense, a lot of other doctors missed it too as it was a few years ago and Lyme was less understood. The bottom line, don't go to him with any difficult problems.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2007

I find Dr. Faling to be very helpful. I especially appreciate that he reponds to my e-mails within a matter of hours. He has always called in perscriptions in a very short period of time. He also spends a great deal of time with me and makes sure to answer all my questions (and I usually have a lot). He is by far the best PCP I have ever had. However, I've had a lot a very, very horrible ones. I highly reccomend him. In fact, I'm trying to get a few family memebers to transfer to him.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2007

I totally agree with all the low poor ratings this center has received. I have been with Brigham & Women's at Norwood since they opened their doors. At first I thought it was because it was new and they just needed to iron out the incompentency and just needed some time but here it is in the present, years later, that it is still the same problems. Calls wait for days to be returned, messed up prescriptions or not being handled at all. The staff gets their indifference from the top and it seems to flow downward from Louise Schneider the director. Cold and indifferent. Again I wait for a call back from Dr. Faling and forget about his assistant. What assistant? Leave voice mails and see how long it takes. The staff is another joke but I will spare you; so my advice to any one is go somewhere else if at all possible because thats what I am going to do as soon as I can get my prescription. someone could end up in the hospital before they get back to you!!!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

I have been with DR Faling quite a while. He is very good. His staff is not however. They take way too long to call you back, if at all. They recently faxed my prescription to the wrong pharmacy after I had given them the correct #. The new Dr, Susan Moody is also quite helpful and personable.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2006

Dr. Faling is OK. However, the office staff is a joke. No one returns phone calls. Like most Brigham & Womens medical offices, there appears to be no one in charge of the office staff. The doctors are incapable of managing the staff. Dr. Faling's assistant is very incompetent! She is incapable of following up on anything. Complaints fall of deaf ears. I've been trying to get an appointment with a specialist (which Dr Faling recommended) for over 6 weeks. I've called the office 9 times to follow up. Talked with his assistant, tried to complain to the office manager (there isn't one) and still do not have an appointment. I've asked for a personal call back from Dr. Faling on three occassions and have yet to receive one. Do not use Brigham & Womens of Norwood.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2006

I found Dr. Faling to be pleasant and accomodating enough, although I did get the feeling he wasn't always listening to me. The office staff is the real cause for concern, however. I have experienced long waits on hold on the phone, unanswered messages, and specialist referrals that aren't processed in a timely manner. I ended up being hospitalized because the office staff did not get back to me with an appointment time to see Dr. Faling. I would return to Dr. Faling again if it were not for his office staff.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2006

Dr. David W. Faling's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)