Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. McLaughlin

Please read everyone's reviews before seeing this doctor. I wish I could stop anyone who is thinking of seeing him. Worst doctor! Just like everyone said - he is incredibly arrogant and condescending. He comessage up with an immediate diagnosis at each visit even though each one is different and he offers no treatment. He is only interested in you if surgery is necessary otherwise you are a waste of his time, and he will let to know this by rushing you out as fast as possible, usually standing by the door while he is talking to you. He doesn't care about patients. Every diagnosis that he gave me was later confirmed to be incorrect leading me to suffer for months and causing irreparable damage. PLEASE go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

This doctor talked down to me. He wasn't concerned about my health. He was more interested in getting me in and out. He didn't explain my CT scan results accurately or clearly. Please find another EN&T specialist. After painful surgery, he insisted I had allergies and said that was the only reason for the nasal polyps. Turned out absolutely no allergies. His treatment removing the nose packing was fast and without care. Then he told me to come in on a weekly basis to remove blood and scabs out of nose, and then added it will be much more painful the next few visits. I don't think so, I am now looking for a dufferent doctor to complete this process. Plus, slow in retreiving medical information, very arrogant behavior from this doctor. I definitely would not recommend.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Stay away! Wrong diagnosis resulting in him doing unnecessary surgery. Office management is in disarray. Medical records not forwarded as promised, insurance claims and bills sent ten months later.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

the ratings are of his staff...below average. the doctor has poor bedside manners and I would NOT recommend him to anyone. He talks down to you when asking questions and doesn't take the time to explain diagnosis; seems always in a rush for the next patient. We are going to him to get and feel better, but I've always (three times), asking myself more questions and feeling worse. I don't want to ask questions because he makes me feel my questions are dumb, simple, self explanatory; but it's my health! I went 3 times only to get the results of my tests and MRI...he just said, 'my best guess is that you have...' Never going back, though they scheduled me for a follow up visit.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Is very fast to prescribe medication and order CT scan. My first visit he ordered a CT scan because of bumps in my throat. He then later said they were from post nasal drip associated with allergies. Small story short in three visits I have three different diagnosis and three different prescriptions. Offers no reasoning in miss diagnosis just gives me another diagnosis. Still no remedy for sore throat. Never going back. And its been two months and I still have no idea how much they are charging me.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

carefully checked my sinus and listen to my concerns and my discomforts and gave me the right medication to help me thru.. very easy to speak with and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2010

His knowledge is very accurate in how I was feeling and why... listen to my discomforts and gave me medications and suggestions to improve my discomfort. Always patience in listening never rushing me... he is very concern and helpful...

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

He was very arrogant, had not even looked at my file before our appt. after not seeing me for two months and could not remember anything about my situation -- basically he was not prepared at all. I am very hard of hearing and yet he did not speak to me, but talked instead to my wife even though he was treating me for my hearing loss and could have easily communicated with me directly.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Do not let him so laser surgery on you! He did not do a test spot on my and now the area under my eyes is white, in sharp contrast with the rest of my face. I looked like a racoon for years. Now I just look like I have tan lines around my eyes from sunglasses...5 years later. He was arrogant and not helpful when his "work" turned out badly.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Tries to do unnecessary surgeries - beware - this guy is out for money, not your health

flag | Submitted July 30, 2008

Dr. Timothy J. McLaughlin's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1996)