Ratings for Dr. Mark H. Dean

Dr. Dean really takes the time to explain the procedure and really cares about his patients. Not every procedure will work for everybody, but he will work with you until he can find something that helps. The staff was also very kind and helpful. The person that commented about insurance not covering the procedure should have checked that out before getting anything done.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

I have suffered from chronic pain for 30 years. The last 10 have been very debilitating. Having fibromyalgia, my sensitivity is extremely high. I also suffer from spinal stenosis, the discomfort caused severe nerve ending pain and severe spasms. Dr. Dean suggested RAD, after 2 years and almost a dozen animations, I was able to stop taking costly pain meds, reduce anti spam meds, and enjoy doing things I have not been able to do in years. I'm not pain free but I thank God for what Dr. Dean and his staff have done for me. He listens, he explains, he cares. When he does run behind I understand, because he takes time to do the above.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

My daughter has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and was in extreme pain due to a dislocated rib following a severe cough. We knew she needed a manipulation to put it back in because it happened once before. However,my daughter was at UVa at the time and couldn't get back to our osteopath in PA. I found Dr. Dean's name on an EDS website and called the office. Receptionist said there was a long wait to get in but heard from my voice that this was really urgent and they got her in that day. Dr. Dean was very familiar with EDS (which most doctors aren't) and was able to to the adjustment she needed. He told her that he has diagnosed and treats many EDS patients and she could tell from the discussion that he was very familiar with her condition. Couldn't be more greatful to Dr. Dean and the scheduler for the care given to my daughter who was a new,emergency patient.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

The most incompetent staff I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. It took them two months to simply give me a copy of my medicinal records. The only way I was able to get the papers was to go to their office and demand a copy of my folder. Dr. Dean is ok but not really good at explaining medication conditions to someone without much of a scientific background. The rest of the reviews I'm convinced are written my the incompetent staff. Find some place to go because all you'll experience is long waiting times and everything moving at the pace of a snail. Good luck!!

Submitted April 30, 2013

Dr Mark Dean is a wonderful caring doctor. He truly listens to your concerns and the pain you are having and takes the time to explain everything to you in a way that you can actually understand what and why you are having the syptoms and pain you are having. He is an excellent nd caring Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

I accompanied the patient to her visit and could not help but be grateful for Dr. Dean's kindness, patience, thoroughness and attention to her problems. I have been in many appointments and he is one of the few physicians who takes the time to listen. So many doctors are rude and condescending to the elderly that he was a delight! God bless him. His momma should be proud.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2012

Very helpful and knowledgeable. Makes you feel like you are really being listened to, and he seems up on the latest technology but willing to listen to other viewpoints. Have had back injections with him that went well.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Not at all helpful. After a horrible experience with a spinal injection by Dr. Dean, my pain was just as bad as before. His fees are outrageous and the ones from the surgical center he uses are not covered by my insurance company. Big time debt for me and no relief from the pain.

Submitted February 28, 2011

After >4 yrs of seeing doc after doc with no success for a difficult problem, my GP tossed out Dr Dean's name as a possibility. He's now been treating me for years with good success in managing my chronic pain with a good mix of medication, non-pharmacological treatments, and interventional pain management. He's always willing to listen to suggestions I bring in or questions and manages my meds carefully to reduce any risks of dependence or side effects. I was really sad to see the nasty review above, especially since Dr Dean is one of the few PM docs in town to take low-reimbursement insurance like Medicare or my ins, which reimburses him only about 10% or so of the charges (so he writes off the rest). He's genuinely a good guy, and I've recommended him to several friends who've also had success.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2010

Dr. Mark H. Dean's Credentials

• Umdnj-Sch Of Osteo Med, Stratford Nj 08084 (Grad. 1995)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Charlottesville, VA