Ratings for Dr. Daksha P. Mehta

I can't believe the comments I have read. I am 72 years old and have been to a lot of doctors. Dr. Mehta is one of the best drs. I have been too. I have had arthritis for a long time, and have had a lot of test done. I was told from another dr that I had both kind of arthritis. She did blood tests and other x-rays and said it was osteo. She treats me like a doctor is suppose to treat you, she listens and gives you choices of what treatment you think would work for you. If you treat someone the way you want to be treated, it will be returned. Her staff was nice and helpful. I never waited more than 10 min. I am very satisfied.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

She ignored all my symptoms and told me my other specialists (Rheumatologists) that I saw in the past were incorrect in my diagnosis, then fixated on my weight and gave me a long and unwanted lecture on losing weight as if I were ignorant of the fact that I am overweight.. If you have fibromyalgia, DON'T go to her, she does not believe it is a real diagnosis and that is that! I wasted good money and so did my insurance. She is the worst I have been to. The only good thing going for her is her staff. They were friendly.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I waited an hour and a half with no explanation and did not receive any help or real direction. She only said to quit taking my cholesterol medicine that I have been taking 3 years with no problems and to come back and see her in a month.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Metha in 2012 with a multitude of issues. In no time, she ordered all the tests necessary and referred me to where I needed to go for an answer. After a muscle biopsy I was diagnosed with a nightmare of problems. I've been told by many medical professionals how lucky I was to have been diagnosed so quickly. I was immediately put on the correct meds and started seeing relief. She has not only given me her personal attention but the best professional service anyone could have ever been given. She looked beyond the medical reports and showed me caring and understanding. I've been going to her now for 4 years and all I can say is THANK GOD she and her wonderful staff have been there for me and will continue to be there for me. I have been truly blessed. She is not only a great doctor but a wonderful human being. She and her staff are my supporters, friends, well wishers and angels in disguise!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Dr Mehta stressed the point that if I lost weight I could put off knee replacement and that was in 2012. She suggested Weight Watchers and learn to cook and eat as they taught not buy pre-packaged food. I lost weight (66lbs) as she strongly suggested and still (2015) have not had surgery and my quality of life is a lot better than before. I walk 5Ks and do just about anything I want without pain.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Mehta for RA for over five years. She has been wonderful--not only helping me to keep my RA under control with a minimum of medications, but also in helping to diagnose other medical conditions I've faced in that time. I am typically kept waiting, yes, but the treatment I'm receiving is well worth the extra time spent.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I am shocked at the reviews that I have read. I have been a patient for about 3 years and have found her to be very caring and attentive. She has taken the time to call me at home just to see how I am doing. She keeps in contact with my family doctor when there are other medical issues with me. Dr. Mehta and her staff are very friendly and helpful. The only negative thing I can say about her is her punctuality. I do have to wait longer than customary for an appointment, but I would hate to lose her as my doctor. I think she is great.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2012

This physician is very cold,uncaring and rude to her patients. She made a comment about a medication my dermatologist had prescribed for me stating that she had patients with arthritis who were on a lower dose than I was taking. I told her I would continue to take the dose prescribed by my dermatologist. She then stated if I did that perhaps I shouldnt be her patient. I told her she was absolutely right, I shouldn't be her patient, I never went back to that terrible office again. Don't waste your time or money with this doctor, you deserve better.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

I have been suffering numbness and tingling and feeling in limbs for appx 8 years after a car accident. I am appx 75 pounds overweight and she treated me like it was due to weight only. I was only 10 lbs overweight when the systems arose. I had several questions and she was very discouraging to answer questions. Wanted to just give mobic and schedule another appt. did not answer any of my questions. I since cancelled any further appts.I would not recommend her services. I have been to her twice in 5 years and neither appts were different.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

I was diagnosed thru testing by this physician to have rhuematoid arthritis but when I began to ask her questions about the disease she walked to the door of the exam room and whiling opening the door to leave said, "I have pamphlets by the outer doors." Shame on her.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Daksha P. Mehta's Credentials

• Hindi

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1981)