Ratings for Dr. Gerald M. Aronoff

This doctor speaks to you like a child. He asks questions that have already been asked indicating he's not really paying attention. He has little to no bedside manor. A consultation with him will be long, tedious, and you'll need to be prepared to compete with his dictation microphone. I believe it's time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

I cannot believe how harsh these patients are rating this brilliant, muti- faceted doctor, he is highly professional and has a genuine need to help those of us who suffer in the silent world of pain. I've been a patient for since 19th and without his insight into my suffering I would long ago have been dead because of that pain. He is certainly more than a pain doctor, he is also a psychiatric, neurologic, and physical genius taking the whole aspect of the patient's needs into consideration. If you aren't on the level with him, he knows, if you aren't there for his professional help with ALL your problems, he knows, he is very smart, very insighful, and educated to the world of pain, disabilities, and the root causes. He is not as the other ratings have said, he is quite a busy doctor, very knowledgeable doctor, and more has empathy, not just sympathy. ...

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

Very arrogant. Dealing with a pain doctor like him was extremely unpleasant and certainly wasn't therapeutic.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

He really sucks. He is terrible. He thinks everyone is there to score drugs. He is ignerant

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I've had a mixed bag when it comes to my appts with Dr Aronoff. I've went in there and he's been great and helpful and showed a genuine interest in what was going on with my life. And I've also went in and walked into a buzz saw. One tip for anyone going to planning to see Dr Aronoff is that if he is having issues with his recorder it is best to just sit there and not say a word. I've seen him go from normal to Godzilla in 10 seconds of that recorder. Overall I would say that he is at best rough around the edges and he seems to think everyone is there just to score pain meds. My biggest gripe is the time it takes just to get in to see him . I know to either make my appts early as possible or at 4:00PM. If you get in there mid morning or lunch time you might as well be prepared to wait 2-3 hours. I had an appt at 9:30 a few months back and I finally left at 3:30. My boss didn't even believe me that it took that long. Dr Aronoff is a good DR but if you don't have thick skin forget it.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

I was being seen @ this Office for approx. 4 months til my Doctor moved on.They re-assigned me to Dr.Aronof and on the very 1st. visit that he talked to me,it was the most terrible experiance I have been through.Ater recording for his memory or notes ,he finally spoke to me.I was crushed in my face with a tree in 09,and had been being tossed from Doctor to Doctor til I was unfortunate enough to end up seeing him.My prior med. history in a nut shell:"Broke and dislocated left eye socket,dislocated Right eye socket,Brocken Neck.C4-5-6 an 7 in myneck were removed and replaced.This was 1 accident.I also have been shot and had 2 prior back surgeries,not to mention wrecking a Motor Cycle and Fracturing 16 Bones.Dr.Aronof refused to treat me.He said,"Your drug screen passed,except you had nicotine in ur urine and I don't treat Patients who smoke cigarettes.Would not even help me Quit so to be treated"!!!I am pursuing him for Malpractice based on his refusal.Very RUDE-UNPROFESSIONAL. 1 TO 10.1

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

My first thought is WOW!!!!!!!!!! I have never had a Dr. care about my problems as much as Dr. Aronoff does. We went over everything about my pain. I have never had a dr take his time with me like he did.Alot of Drs in the pain business just pushes the pills on you and you are on your way. We talked about how we can fix my problem with as little meds as possible. If you have pains, this is the Dr you need to go to.And the staff was extremely friendly.

Submitted May 19, 2014

If you have a good experience you aren't as likely to tell someone about it. If you have a bad experience, it's going to be plastered on the side of a billboard. I, however, want you to give this man a try and not listen to all the negative feedback on this site! He and his staff were both very nice, accommodating, friendly, and they went out of their way for me. Dr. Aronoff took a detailed history from me and made sure he had as many details as possible. That's called being a good doctor! He listened, gave me plenty of time (I was not rushed in any way!), he made sure I was comfortable, during the exam he was extremely professional and gentle. I was very comfortable the entire visit. The office was NOT a run down hotel like place. When I went the water heater in the above office had burst and flooded all the floors under it, so there was quite a mess when I got there, but this wasn't their fault and they were doing everything in their power to clean it up quickly. GO TO HIM!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

Dr. Aranoff is the most disrespectful, rude and dismissive doctor I have ever seen. He was belittling, and actually made fun of me. He was a bully. I am going to look into how I report him for misconduct. Do not go see this doctor, you will regret it. No one should be treated the way I was treated by this "doctor."

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

I was a patient of Dr.Aronoff since 2008.I was doing very well on Suboxone only.My visits almost always involved over a 1hr wait.I always informed the doctor when I had any procedures that required the using alternative analgesic. None of my urine tests ever read positive for anything other than Suboxone. That changed today after I submitted a urine sample to screened in his office using a rapid screening system. I was SHOCKED when the test showed "positive" for METHADONE. Despite my protest,the doctor treated me like I was a lying Junkie. Never having had a positive result on any tests in the past meant NOTHING to him.He even said that a second screening would "MOST LIKELY" read positive as well. This was even after I showed him an online medical article that said patients taking Benadryl many "rapid screening" systems show positive for Methadone. I told him I do take Benadryl,but he still insisted I took Methadone. A formal complaint to NC Medical Board will be filed.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Dr. Gerald M. Aronoff's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1972)