Ratings for Dr. Marc Webster

Absolutely the highlight of my cancer journey. I came to him after recovering from my surgery for my stage three breast cancer. He was so nice and easy to talk to. He explained everything I was to go through and how it would likely affect me etc. He was reassuring and very funny. He made me laugh every time we met over the following 5 years. My time with him was one thing I always looked forward to. I have been in remission for almost 10 years now and feel great. Yes, the chemo affected me in so many ways but I am a live. I know I can call him today if I feel anything has changed. He is a willing partner in my journey and fondly remembered always. Nancy was also so very fun. They both are family now.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr. Webster is the best! He took remarkable care of my Mum and was always pleasant and welcoming - treated her like family. He provided support and reassurance to us as well. Cannot speak highly enough of him and his nurse, Nancy. We should all be so lucky as to have him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

My dad was having pains in his back, shoulders and chest after finding a metastasis in his lungs a few months before. He was also very short of breath. We told Dr. Webster and he listened to the lung and said it sounded normal and the pain is probably due to the chemotherapy. A week later we ended up calling the ambulance because my dad felt too weak and in pain and turns out my dad had 4L of fluid in his lungs. Disappointed that Dr. Webster did not catch that.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Amazing human being!! He is always very pleasant and cheerful, makes you happy to have him as your doctor. My experience was so much better with him being a part of my journey. Thanks so much!!!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Dr.Webster is medicine unto himself. Two years ago an oncologist told my Mom to go home and get personal effects together and there was no further treatment. At this point there hadn't even been any kind of treatment. This horrid woman retired several weeks later and a miracle was handed to my Mom in the form of Dr.Webster. Mom is still with us and is currently on a River Cruise in Budapest. With Dr. Webster's care Mom didn't go home and die. Instead she is embracing every moment in the best way possible. How long we have with her is unknown but Dr.Webster is right with us. He is a gift and we appreciate that he came into our lives.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Dr.Webster is simply AMAZING!! He is the kindest, sweetest, most caring doctor I have ever come across. Dr. Webster knows his stuff, tells you exactly what to expect and is there for you in every way possible. I feel incredibly blessed to have this man manage my treatment and care.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

When I was first diagnosed, I was told that I would need a lumpectomy and radiation. I was so relieved that I wouldn't need the dreaded chemotherapy. When my surgical pathology came back, it was worse then originally thought and I would need chemo. I was terrified. I met with Dr. Webster whose first words were "we're going for the cure". He gave me hope, calmed my fears, answered the multitude of questions I had and I left feeling like I had won the lottery when it came to doctors. Many doctors forget that there are actual people behind the sickness but Dr. Webster gets that you should treat the person first,because when you do so,treating the illness becomes somewhat easier. We laughed at every appointment. I would arrive feeling sick and left feeling better, always. I trusted him with my life, and found that because I was in great hands, all I needed to do was focus on getting through treatment....one day at a time. I would recommend this man to anyone who has cancer, is terrified, and is looking for the best treatment possible for both their cancer, and their soul. Teri C.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 parotid cancer. It was treated with radiation and chemotherapy but was only able to shrink the Tumor a small amount. A year after when doing a scan, Dr. Webster noticed there were specks in his upper lungs and larger tumors in the bottom lungs. They did another round of a different chemotherapy but my dad returned a few weeks later with pain the shoulders and back and shortness of breath. Dr. Webster is a kind doctor but he said the pain was probably just the chemotherapy attacking the tumors and did not check the lungs. A few weeks later the pain and breathing got so bad my dad called the ambulance and found that his left lung was 90% filled with fluid and if we waited a bit longer my dad might of had a collapsed lung. I was disappointed that when my dad showed symptoms, he did not do a thorough check up. After spending a month in the hospital with a chest tube my dad returned home and continued to see Dr. Hao and Dr. Webster again who told us there is no further treatment and recommended us to try clinical trials in Edmonton. After waiting another 1 month on a wait list and 1 month of doing tests and follow ups they told my dad he was not eligible for any trials. By then my dad's symptoms have gotten so bad he couldn't even walk to the washroom by himself because he would breath so heavy. We returned to Calgay and Dr. Webster was thorough then and provided my dad with medicines and oxygen to help him breath. But a week later my dad passed away and overall my family had a frusturing time with health care but appreciate that they were there for us as well.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Dr. Webster is my current oncologist. I needed a doctor who is caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. Dr. Webster is all of that I am so thankful that God blessed me with such a fine, young man. He took the time to listen to my concerns. Some days when I was so sad he took the time to spend with me. He is exactly the type of doctor that I needed during my cancer. He also recommended Effexor to help me with my hot flashes, due to being on Tamoxifen, and what a difference it made. I slept much better. I am aware of the side effects to quit these pills but glad to have some comfort. I will definitely miss him. I thank God for giving me the exact kind of doctor I needed, during my time of need. Anyone who is blessed to have Dr. Webster as their oncologist will not be disappointed one iota. He has the best "bedside" manner. This world needs more people like Dr. Webster. In my opinion, Dr. Webster is the BEST! Deborah

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Dr. Marc Webster's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the highlight of my cancer journey. I came to him after recovering from my surgery for my stage three breast cancer. He was so nice and easy to talk ..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Webster is the best! He took remarkable care of my Mum and was always pleasant and welcoming - treated her like family. He provided support and reassuranc..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "My dad was having pains in his back, shoulders and chest after finding a metastasis in his lungs a few months before. He was also very short of breath. We told ..."

December 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing human being!! He is always very pleasant and cheerful, makes you happy to have him as your doctor. My experience was so much better with him being a p..."

October 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Webster is medicine unto himself. Two years ago an oncologist told my Mom to go home and get personal effects together and there was no further treatment. ..."

October 9, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Webster is simply AMAZING!! He is the kindest, sweetest, most caring doctor I have ever come across. Dr. Webster knows his stuff, tells you exactly what to e..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "We are forever grateful for having him as my late husband oncologist. He is an outstanding physician."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "When I was first diagnosed, I was told that I would need a lumpectomy and radiation. I was so relieved that I wouldn't need the dreaded chemotherapy. When my ..."

January 11, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 parotid cancer. It was treated with radiation and chemotherapy but was only able to shrink the Tumor a small amount. A year af..."

December 30, 2014